What Can Be Done for the Gaps in my Teeth? (photo)

So i've had issues with my teeth ever since I was younger. I got braces put in and had them for four years. When they were set to come off, I was supposed to have a dental surgeon prepped about my case since I have a missing tooth. I couldn't afford the procedure so I never went and when I was given the retainer, I never wore it. Now comes four years later, my tooth moved back to the wrong place and now I have a gap. Would I have to re-do braces? Would I be able to do an implant for the missing tooth?

Gaps can be closed with a dental implant and veneers

+2

It is clear looking at your photos that some orthodontic work will need to be done in order to achieve the best results. You have a missing lateral incisor and the canine has drifted forward. Ideal treatment would include orthodontics to move the Canine back enough to place an implant where the missing lateral incisor would be and then veneering the upper 8-12 teeth based on a pre-planning wax-up of your teeth after orthodontics.  Be sure to have your implant dentist take X-Rays before you have the orthodontic work completed.  I have seen cases where the root needs to be tipped a little more for implant placement.

Hank D. Michael, DMD - Sarasota Dentist

Sarasota Cosmetic Dentist

What are my options?

+2

Based on your photos there does not appear to be enough space for a dental implant so unfortunately it seems that your best option would be orthodontics again to create enough space and then placement of a dental implant. 

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Missing teeth

+2

You would absolutely need to have some type of orthodontics to move your teeth, either traditional braces or Invisalign. Afterwards you can proceed with restorative treatment (implants, crowns, etc) to replace the missing teeth. You can work with your dentist to stage the procedures over time to help spread out costs

Lilya Horowitz, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Orthodontic Relapse

+2

Hi - you will need a minor amount of orthodontics in order to make space for the implant - Invisalign or some other simple retainer would work. Once your implant is in, you will be so happy!

Robert Penning, DMD
Toronto Cosmetic Dentist