I'm Looking for the Best Deal on a Male Tummy Tuck in the Phoenix Area?

I'm looking for the best deal on a male tummy tuck in the Phoenix area I've read the average cost was $8,000.. Has then been any improvment in price and technology? Thanks

Best Deal on a Male Tummy Tuck in the Phoenix Area

+1

The ASAPS and ASPS website would be a basis to identify qualified, board certified plastic surgeons. Consult with 3 - 4 board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options and identify the best fit for you. Do not make your choice of surgeon solely on price as you will need to evaluate the experience, expertise, and surgical plan of each surgeon to find the "best deal" for you.

+1

I'm always intrigued when I hear a question like this. I think you would do best by looking for the best surgeon. If you look only for the cheapest surgery you are certainly bound to get your money's worth!

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Best Deals and Plastic Surgery

+1

Investing in a plastic surgical procedure is not the same as buying a washer/dryer at Best Buy; it is not the same 'product' regardless of where you get the procedure done.  Further, there is a clear correlation between uniquely low prices and potentially dangerous mishaps and poor surgical outcome, as exposed in the media in the last few months.

You should go on line to surgery.org (the website for the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) and look at the 2011 national statistics.  You will see that the average surgeon's fee for a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is $5278.  This does not include the cost of the operating room or the anethesiologist. With that included, it would be safe to say that the total cost would vary between $7500 and $8500.  Advertisements of tummy tucks for '$4999' should be seriously suspect, and it would be in your best interest to stay clear of such places.  The cost of plastic surgery in general has been fairly stable for the last two decades, and has not increased to the same degree as other indices that represent the cost of living.  I wouldn't expect prices to drop in the future, but instead continue to slowly rise, as the cost of performing safe surgery and the practice of medicine continues to rise.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS