Is It Possible for the Following Concerns to Be Addressed in the Same Procedure? (photo)

Twisted/crooked nose, wide nose, wide bulbous tip, dorsal hump, undeveloped/low radix, droopy tip, wide flaring nostrils. I assume their will be a septoplasty and rhinoplasty portion in this procedure. Would the fact that I'm getting a septoplasty to straighten whatever part of my nose is crooked/twisted limit the potential of the results of the rhinoplasty portion of the procedure? I feel like my nose has too many problems to allow a surgeon to effectively correct each problem.

Multiple Nasal Problems

+2

All of these problems can and should be corrected during the same procedure. The results will be far better if the functional and cosmetic issues are both treated at the same time. You need an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.

Is it possible for the following concerns to be addressed in the same procedure?

+1

It is possible to take care of the issues you describe in the same surgery. A septoplasty is frequently performed in combination with a rhinoplasty, and will not limit your results. I would recommend an in-person consultation with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. They will be able to assess your needs in person and provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Is It Possible for the Following Concerns to Be Addressed in the Same Procedure?

+1

A Twisted/crooked nose, wide nose, wide bulbous tip, dorsal hump, undeveloped/low radix, droopy tip, wide flaring nostrils can all be addressed at one time.  Frequently, there are many issues that need addressing during one surgery.  All of these issues can be addressed through a closed rhinoplasty by a rhinoplasty surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Yes

+1

Yes, a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon should be able to address all issues in the operation.....again, a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon!

Phillip Langsdon, MD
Germantown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump, bulbous tip, and crooked nose

+1

A very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can address all of your concerns during the rhinoplasty procedure. Removal of the hump, refining the tip, releasing the depressor septi ligament and possible septoplasty   can all be performed at the same time. Wide flaring nostrils can be addressed through a alar-plasty procedure.  The  Rhinoplasty takes  approximately one to 2 hours under general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. Expect 2 weeks of  bruising and swelling after the procedure  has been performed. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available our website for you to try out.

Rhinoplasty for the wide nose, with a hump and drooping tip.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the wide nose, with a hump and drooping tip can all be done along with any airway problem at one surgery.

Complete Septorhinoplasty Needed

+1

Your nose has many of the same problems that many patients have. Such numerous internal and external nasal problems are best addressed in a single septorhinoplasty procedure. The key issue is not whether all of these nasal issues can be treated simultaneously but that you should not expect the outcome afterward to be perfect. With some many interrelated issues, it is hard to obtain a perfectly straight, symmetric and proportioned nose.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD