Is it possible for swelling two weeks after alar base reduction to be bad enough that you don't see any narrowing at all?

I had an alar base reduction about two weeks ago. I've compared the pictures before the procedure and after by measuring the proportion of the alar base to the width of my eyes. It's exactly the same now as before the procedure. Can this really all be swelling? I was hoping for it to be about 20% narrower (that would bring the width into proportion with my face). Is that possible?

Swelling after surgery

+1

Swelling after surgery may blunt the results for quite some time especially when a small change is made. Give it a year.

+1

Swelling at 2 weeks following this procedure may be significant. This would be hard to assess without an exam.