Looking for a Surgeon That Focuses on Revision Rhinoplasty (I Need a 2nd Revision Rhinoplasty & 1st Septoplasty)?

After my first awful nose job 8 yrs ago, my sense of smell decreased & I've breathing problems, post nasal drainage & ALWAYS breath through my mouth. I've been told to get my deviated septum fixed and most likely need grafts from both my ears. However, I also want to get the "look" of my nose fixed too. I live near PA. Does anyone recommend an experienced surgeon that specializes in revision rhinoplasty? will insurance pay for the deviated septum surgery if I go to a plastic surgeon?

Revision rhinoplasty specialist

+1

It is important to find a rhinoplasty  surgeon who is dedicated significant portion of the practice to rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty. Medically related breathing surgery can be performed at the same time as cosmetic nasal surgery. The breathing related surgery is typically build to patient's medical insurance  for medical necessity. Make sure your surgeon and the surgery center is contracted with your medical insurance and preauthorization was obtained prior to the surgery  by your surgeon's office.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Insurance will likely cover most or all of the functional portion of your surgery that will allow you to breathe better. It really depends on your insurance company and individual circumstances. When looking for a revision rhinoplasty specialist, a great start would be to go to the website for the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery to find a board certified specialist in your area. Thanks, and I hope this helps!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

I specialize in revision rhinoplasty in California. We do cater to out of state patients

+1

I may be able to help you as I specialize in revision rhinoplasty. There are many great many revision doctors in California, I perform rhinoplasty revisions as well. Insurance does not cover revision rhinoplasty and it may be expensive. We do cater to out of state patients and can coordinate the surgery for you. I wish you the best of luck.

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon