Want to Get a Mommy Makeover, What Options are Best for me? (photo)

I am a mother to 3 kids and and ARMY wife. I am 5'6" and 155 lbs, and am actively trying to lose weight. I am looking to get a mommy make over done next year in 2012 while my husband is deployed. I am not sure which type of tummy tuck to get, mini, full or extended. I am looking for the right DR to make suggestions. Also I would like some suggestions as if I should get liposuction. Was thinking about the flanks as well as the thighs and butt. And what type of breast lift would work for me?

Mommy makeover options

+2

There are a variety of options that are available to you in terms of a mommy makeover procedure.  Which ones would be ideal for you depends on what areas you would like to improve and what your goals are.  Usually a mommy makeover is some type of breast rejuvenation procedure such as breast augmentation and/or breast lift as well as some type of abdominal contour procedure such as a tummy tuck.  If you are interested in improving the shape and appearance of your abdomen and waist you will likely need either a full tummy tuck or a mini tummy tuck.  Any time there are stretch marks and excess skin and soft tissue laxity of the abdomen a procedure to remove this excess laxity such as a tummy tuck is usually needed.  Which tummy tuck procedure would be ideal for you will depend on your goals as well as your examination.  Base on the photos alone I suspect that you will best be served by:

1) Full tummy tuck

2) Liposuction of the flanks

3) Liposuction of the hips

For my patients, liposuction of the abdomen and flanks is included with every tummy tuck procedure if needed.  Feel free to contact my office for a complimentary consultation.

Dr Repta

What type of mommy makeover

+2

I think that you would need an examination by a plastic surgeon to be sure as I feel you are between a full abdominoplasty or tummy tuck and a modified. The difference is the modified is a slightly shorter scar, but still tighten the muscle layer above and below the belly button. I would recommend a lollipop scar type lift. If you lose more breast volume with the weight loss, then you may need an implant as well. Liposuction of your hips and outer thighs at the same time as the other procedures.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Options?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think you are going about things correctly in that you have completed having pregnancies and are trying to reach a long-term stable weight prior to having surgery.

In regards to the tummy talk surgery,  I think you will do very well with a full tummy tuck  along with some liposuction of the flank areas. In person examination will be helpful to determine the pros/cons of the extended tummy tuck it in your situation. A lot of this decision-making will depend on your goals as well as the skin elasticity along the flank areas.  Regardless,  whether you decide to proceed with a full or extended tummy tuck procedure,  I think you  will end up with very nice result.

In regards to your breasts,  I think I would have to examine you in person to determine if breast lifting is necessary or not. If so,  it is likely that a circumareolar  or vertical mastopexy will be all that is necessary to achieve adequate breast lifting.  Again, much of the decision-making regarding breast surgery will depend him careful measurements and discussion of your goals in regards to breast size and positioning.

In regards to liposuction surgery,  careful examination after you have reached your long-term stable weight will be very helpful. At this point, it seems that you may benefit from some liposuctioning of the flanks, lateral thighs and possible buttock areas.

When the time is right please make sure you seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Want to Get a Mommy Makeover, What Options are Best for me?

+1

As to the liposuction, it might give you a better contour with the hips and outer thighs done as that will make your buttocks look more round. As to the tummy tuck, at present, with no further weight loss, I would suggest a full tummy tuck. I think you have a little too much for a mini and not enough for an extended one.  As to a breast lift, I think you would likely need a lollipop scar. Please tell your husband thank you for his service too

Julio Garcia, MD

Mommy makover for mommy of three

+1

Thank you for your questions. You will get many different opinions. I will throw mine in the mix.  Take what your read on this site and always seek the advice of a board-certifed plastic surgeon with a full consultation.

In your situation, I recommend vertical breast lift with a short horizontal component, full tummy tuck, bilateral flank liposuction and liposuction to the medial and lateral thighs.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast surgery and abdominoplasty - mommy makeover

+1

You are not that much overweight so losing weight or waiting for your weight loss to plateau would not be a prerequisite for your surgery. Because your arms are held overhead in your posted photos it is impossible to comment on the need for a breast lift or what type of lift if any would be needed.

With respect to the abdomen stretchmarks are visible below the belly button but the amount of excess skin present is not sufficient to know clearly from the posted photos what type of abdmoninoplasty would be best for you. If for example the excess was so great that some visibly skin hung over your undergarment the assessment from photos alone would be much easier.

With respect to liposuction it appears that liposuction of the saddle bag areas on the sides of the thighs and just above the hip bones/below the love handles area on the back would be beneficial.

You will need to consult with one or more plastic surgeons face to face in order to know what specific surgery is most likely to give you the desired result.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

+1

Over the internet even with the great posted photos very hard to exactly advise. My guess choices are implant with lift, full TT with MR, lipo of waist hips thighs. 

What is in your mommy makeover

+1

The typical choice for a mommy makeover is a breast lift with or without implants, combined with a tummy tuck. Your photos do suggest that the full tummy tuck and lift would be an appropriate choice. Other options such as implants for fill and volume, or liposuction for the inner or outter thigh should be considered if you feel that this is an area that concerns you and you alone.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Mommy Makeover

+1

There are many options depending on what your wishes are but I would probably recommend a vertical mastopexy and place implants at the same time for more superior fullness.  I would also recommend a full abdominoplasty with some flank and lateral thigh liposuction.  The most important thing you need to make sure of is that when you see a surgeon for a consultation, make sure that he/she is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  It is usually a good idea to meet with more than one surgeon also.

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover answers

+1

Your photos are very helpful in determining what your anatomic issues are and what procedures that you could benefit from.  A mommy makeover typically involves some sort of breast rejuvenation/enlargement procedure along with one or more additional procedures such as a tummy tuck and liposuction. Your breasts are droopy and, at minimum, could benefit from a full lift. Depending on the ultimate cup size desired, implants can be a consideration.

Regarding your tummy, there is considerable laxity which would not be well addressed by a mini tummy tuck. A full tummy tuck here would allow for a better correction of appearance and contouring. Your photos also indicate lipodystrophy of your outer and inner thighs and hips which could be treated with liposuction.

A full consultation and examination would need to be done in order to provide you with exactly the treatment/approach that you desire in order to meet your goals.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD