Looking for a Safe Affordable and Effective Liposuction Procedure Around Midsection, Options?

I am looking for a liposuction procedure to get rid of a couple stubborn pounds around my midsesction. Since I dont have that much fat to lipo, I am looking for something relatively affordable that will leave little scarring and is a long lasting procedure. I know there are alot of different names for liposuction, since there are different ways of killing the fat cells. What procedure would be best for my situation?

Liposuction is the most effective option. Best results are usually obtained under an anesthetic.

+1

You are quite right about the numerous products in the marketplace.  I use ultrasonic liposuction because it is selective for fat cells.  Although it is heavily marketed, laser liposuction is not selective for fat cells and it has not been shown to offer any advantages over traditional liposuction.  I prefer to do the surgery with patients asleep because that way I can get the best results (by being more thorough) and patients are totally comfortable, which is not usually the case when surgery is performed under local anesthetic alone.  There are only four small well-hidden incisions.

Sometimes patients elect to have lesser procedures (LipoDissolve is an example) or liposuction using very fine laser/cannula systems under local anesthetic, which tend not to deliver the same level of results particularly in large treatment areas such as the midsection.  Remember, there is no economy in having to return later for a proper liposuction procedure.  My advice is to look at plenty of before and after photos provided by your surgeon.  If you like what you see, you can be much more assured of making the right decision.  I've attached a link to this part of my own website. The total cost is about $3500 at our center, including anesthesia and the surgery center.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

A Safe Affordable and Effective Liposuction Procedure Around Midsection.

+1

Laser-assisted lipolysis may be your best option.  For this procedure, we can perform the procedure under local anesthesia, then we use a laser fiber to melt the fat around your abdomen area and the laser will also help on skin tightening on the area.  We then aspirate out loose fat and finish final contouring.  Since the incisions are fairly small, you should not worry about leaving scars on your body.  However, without seeing your photos, it is very difficult for any doctor to give you a fair advice.  I will suggest before you make your decision, make an appointment with a board certificate plastic surgeon, and let him/her know about your questions and concerns, from there, he/her will able to give you a better treatment plan.  Good luck.

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Liposuction

+1

You say you have a couple of pounds around the midsection and then that you do not have much fat to lipo. Those statements are incongruous. Without a photo or preferably a physical examination and not even knowing your height to weight ration it is impossible to say what form of liposuction is most appropriate or most likely to give you your desired result. You need to repost with more information including height, weight and photos etc or better yet see a surgeon face to face.

There are more kinds of liposuction available almost on a daily basis. Proponents of one will tell you that modality is better than the others but in truth any modality can give you good or bad results depending on how the procedure is performed. All the procedures are long lasting if you take care of yourself after surgery. If you have liposuction and then eat excessively without exercising no type of liposuction will be long lasting.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Liposuction! the best option for excess fat

+1

Tumescent Liposuction performed with micrcannulas done under local anesthesia in the hands of good dermatologic or a plastic surgeon is your best option. its a safe procedure with minimal downtime and the results are not only satisfarory immediately after the procedure but the treated areas continue to look better even months after the procedure, as long as u maintain a healthy lifestyle. its my most favourite procedures to perform and after doing over a 100 cases in 2 yrs I have not had a single complication. patients are happy and they love the results

Misbah Khan, MD

Tumescent Local anesthesia with the micro cannulas tends to be the most safe and effective Liposuction.

+1

There is no doubt that the tumescent local anesthesia liposuction with the micro cannulas tends to be the most safe and effective of all the methods but is expensive since you are getting the best results.  There is a lot of skill and time involved but so worth it.  Expect to pay roughly $5-6,000 for the midsection. Laser lipos are now tending to be the cheaper lipos because of all the problems and less than great results seen as are the old methods of traditional lipo under general anesthesia.  Good luck,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Which lipo?

+1

The reality is, no liposuction procedure has been shown to be more effective than any other one if used correctly. Most important determinant to maximize a good result is the experience of the surgeon and the choose your surgeon carefully experienced with liposuction. Wonderful results can follow and any type of liposuction, similarly, the publications can also ensue if you do not choose your surgeon carefully.

John E. Sherman, MD