Looking for Rhinoplasty Alternatives To Get Rid of Hump?

Hello, I am looking for any suggestions regarding rhinoplasty alternatives. I am a 27 year old active healthy female. I recently consulted a plastic surgeon to have some minor revisions on my nose. I am tall 5'7 and weigh 128 lbs I'm not asking to have a small nose. I like my nose shape it's a little larger in size, but fits me. I just don't like the hump in the middle of my nose and wish the tip of my nose could be pulled up a bit.

Rhinoplasty for Hump Removal and Reshaping

+2

Tinkerbell, it would be helpful to see some photos of your face to better determine how rhinoplasty might help. From the changes you desire (reducing the hump and pulling the tip up), rhinoplasty is likely the only reliable option. 

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Alternatives

+2

You can have a limited rhinoplasty if that will meet your needs. Over the past 35 years I have always individualized the procedure - I've never done the same operation on 2 different people. There are multiple alternatives; consult with an experienced surgeon.

+2

Unfortunately, for the changes you want to make, rhinoplasty is your only option. Fillers are not an option to lower the bridge of the nose or increase tip rotation. Seek a rhinoplasty expert for a consultation. They will be able to explain rhinoplasty to you, including why injectable treatments will leave you disappointed, and put you at ease about the procedure. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Alternatives

+1

To reduce a hump and alter the tip a little upwards, nonsurgical alternatives will likely come up short.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Hump removal

+1

Hump removal is part of most rhinoplasties.  I like to use a diamond drill to get a very smooth finish. At 5'7" you probably want the tip up very slightly.  You do not want people to look directly into your nostrils.  Your requests are not unusual.   The link below is to our rhinoplasty website, where you can explore different types of changes to the nose.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty alternatives

+1

Hi

The only way to reshape the bone is by surgery. What you wish for will require removing small amounts of bone/cartilage - rhinoplasty is the only way to achieve that.

A cautionary tale! I recently performed a rhinoplasty on a patient who tried to reduce a 'hump' on the nose with an ointment that she bought over the internet, a couple of years before she saw me. Only thing it did was to create a chemical burn of the skin leaving a nasty scar. The shape of the bone or cartilage cannot be changed by any non-surgical way.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Hump and drooping tip

+1

the changes that you describe can be acheived with a rhinoplasty.  i dont beleive that is a true alternative to that. 

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

If you do not like the hump and want the tip elevated, then it sounds like you want a rhinoplasty.  Fillers and the like won't be permanent and may not be enough.