Looking for Revision Rhinoplasty Renown Expert in the Bay Area?

After three rhinoplasty surgeries I really need to see an expert's expert. My main concern is nostril asymmetry. My last surgery was in 2005. I believe scar tissue may be built up in my right nostril causing my nose to look uneven. Who should I see?

Revision Rhinoplasty Expert in the Bay Area

+1

The ASPS website would be a good starting point for a list of qualified surgeons in your area. Dr. Usha Anne Rajagopal and Dr. Carolyn Chang are two possibilities. Consult with 2 - 3 surgeons in your area to understand your options and find the best option for you.

+1

After three previous Rhinoplasty Surgeries, any further revision will likely be very complicated technically.  You may want to use an understanding of the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face as your selection criteria for the next Revision Rhinoplasty...not geographical location.  

Revision Rhinoplasty For Nostril Asymmetry

+1

Thanks for the question. Persistent asymmetry of the nostrils which is present years after your last surgery is very likely related to irregularities in the underlying tip cartilages (lower lateral cartilages), rather than scar tissue. Correction of the issue may require rebuilding or reshaping these tip cartilages with sutures and cartilage grafts. My first choice is to use cartilage from your septum for these grafts but in revision cases, cartilage from the ear or rib may be necessary. In some cases this can be done through a closed (endonasal) approach though I most often use an open rhinoplasty approach in revision cases requiring tip work. 

Revision rhinoplasty takes specialized training and experience so it's good that you are doing your due diligence. You can contact Jill, my Office Coordinator, at appts@mehtaplastics.com if you would like to arrange a visit or send photos. 

Best regards,

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon