What Type of Doctor Can I Go to for Ear Revision of a Lifestyle Lift?

hi i would like information on where and to whom i can go to for repair of a lifestyle lift that left me with pixie ears. i just want my earlobes back

Ear Revision of a Lifestyle Lift

+1

While your original surgeon is generally the best to revise his/her results, that general advice is predicated that the surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon. Not all lifestyle lift surgeons are board certified. Therefore, consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options for a revision.

Lifestyle lift and a pixie ear deformity after wards

+1

The first thing that I would always suggest doing is talking with the doctor that did your original procedure. The pixie ear deformity can happen and it can happen with plastic surgeons that aren't with lifestyle lift. I have seen this happened with board certified plastic surgeons and other board certified surgeons who practice plastic surgery. I'm sure the lifestyle lift doctors will help take care of you.  If you don't want to go back then get multiple opinions from other doctors about your situation. I would avoid the doctor that tries to disparage other doctors. I would say that if they are disparaging other doctors, they are likely to do the same to you as well.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is the best person to provide Plastic Surgery!

+1

A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is the best person to provide Plastic Surgery!  Not all providers at Life Style Lifts are Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.  Then when you go, take a look at their photos to see if you like their work.  Plastic Surgery is an art and every individual has a different approach and level of aesthetics.  Therefore by looking at photos of before and after, you have the ability to see if your aesthetics matches theirs.

Best & Good luck!

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Finding a Plastic Surgeon?

+1

Anyone considering plastic or reconstructive surgery should consider consulting a board certified plastic surgeon to achieve the best and safest results possible. Physicians who are considered board certified hold a certification with the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). This certification proves that the surgeon has graduated from an accredited medical school, has completed a residency of at least five years, has three years of experience in general surgery, is actively practicing plastic surgery for at least two years, and has passed mandatory comprehensive and written examinations.  

During your consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, ask to see before and after photos of actual patients who have undergone cosmetic surgery. The surgeon may provide you with a list of patients you may speak to as a reference for the doctor. To enhance your education regarding the surgeon, you may be introduced to some post-op patients as well during your visit with the surgeon. Most patients are willing to share their experience regarding their surgeon, the staff, hospital, and recovery. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_facelift.htm

Facelift revision usually works.

+1

Hi.

Pixie ears can be corrected by an experienced facelift surgeon.  In my profile, you can find an article I wrote a year ago about how to find the right surgeon. I hope you find it helpful.

Pixie ear

+1

Pixie ear deformity vary in severity and in many cases may require redoing the face lift to avoid vertical scars.

See a board certified plastic surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery), Many good plastic surgeons in New York who also answered your question.

Revision of Life Style Lift

+1

It would be in your interest to see a board certified plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery for your revision surgery.  In our office we see many patients that have had facelifts from non-certified surgeons and doctors and we work with patients to help them achieve significant improvements with revision surgery.

Good luck

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Scar-revision following facelift surgery may be performed to improve the appearance of your ear lobes..

+1

A "pixie-ear" after facelift is when your ear-lobe appears attached to your cheek, and the lobe can often get pulled down and appear distorted. This may be improved, but without a photo, the extent of your scar-revision is difficult to predict.

You may want to visit abfprs.org to find a local certified specialist to see what might be best for you.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4229

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pixie Ears After a Facelift

+1

Hi,

Depending on the extent of the pixie deformity this may be a simple or more involved procedure. You need to find a board certified facial plastic surgeon that has fixed pixie ears before. Browse websites to see results of other surgeon then go for a consultation.

Dr.S

Web reference: http://www.sluplift.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.