Should I ask for a revision on a liposuction and breast implant job done 4 weeks ago that doesn't seem as promised? (photo)

I just had liposuction and seeing minimal results. I was told I had 1500cc removed after I questioned the lack of difference. I also had breast implants put in as well. PS said he put 500cc high profile textured saline implant. Implants are high and don't fill my actual breasts. I'm worried about this too. We discussed me getting bigger breasts and higher. As far as the liposuction and tummy tuck the PS told me my stomach would be flat and my love handles would be gone. How should I proceed?

Recovery after surgery

+2
Both liposuction surgery and breast implant surgery take a considerable amount of time until you can appreciate the final results. With liposuction, most patients at one month still have considerable swelling that will take another few months to resolve. Breast implants almost universally appear to be "too high" at one month post op. You should see a gradual softening and descent of the implants over the next two months. I would just wait before becoming too frustrated with your results at this point.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

The Hardest Part About Plastic Surgery

+2
Nothing will be more valuable in your recovery than patience. Things will change dramatically in time. Swelling takes an unpredictable course but is there to some degree in almost everyone. The same is true for your breasts. It may be helpful, if you have them, to look at pictures from one week postop as well. I am certain that if you do you will see the implants slowly shifting downwards to their best position. Submuscular implants always look ridiculous at one week and get gradually better in time. Be patient and know that there are likely to be other concerns that develop in the next few weeks or months for which the answer is the same.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Post surgery concerns

+2
I agree with other post to slow down and wait 3-4 months to see how things change. More surgery now would increase your risks of problems. if the implants were under the muscle and large like yours it takes 3 months for things to relax and stretch. 1500cc is not that much fat but we do not know what was done. If you have had children and have rectus diastasis then lipo alone would not fix this. Sorry, but you may end up with surgery down the road but do not rush in to it. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Revision surgery after Breast Implants and Liposuction

+2
Dear Newbie77
as Dr Morgan has pointed out; any revision surgery if required should only be considered after 6 months to an year following an op.
This allows the final result to manifest as the skin and tissues adapt and settle into position.
1 month post op is way to early and I am sure you will notice a better result as time goes; please co-ordinate with your PS
warm regards
prashant

Prashant Murugkar, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Wait a few months before assessing results

+1
I recommend you wait about 4 months at least before assessing your results. Your breasts haven't settled yet and swelling may be obscuring your results. At that time, you can then consider revision surgery if you haven't achieved the results you want.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Unhappy with liposuction and breast implant result

+1
You cannot have any surgical revision after liposuction and breast implants for a minimum of 3 months - m
y patients wait for 6 months. Why?
  1. Implants under the muscle can take time to settle,
  2. Swelling obscures the result of liposuction.
At this point, you need to be patient and let surgery heal before making any revision decisions.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD