Should I Go for a 4th Revision? (photo)

I had a 3rd revision rhinoplasty last october and now after 6 months my nose is still very big with uneven nostrils and a very big tip...i have thick skin and in my last procedure i had my bridge narrowed my nose looks so deviated when i smile...i discussed this with my doctor and he told me that i have to wait another six monthes but i really am upset and i cannot stand my nose plus he told me that he will only fix the deviation but i think the tip is also very big should i see another doc??

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

After 6 months, you will still be experiencing swelling. In general, swelling can influence the way your nose looks after surgery and create the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. 70% of your swelling will go down after 3 months, and the remainder will resolve over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after your surgery.  This is especially the case after a revision and the fact that you have thick skin. Swelling may linger for a longer period of time with patients who have thick skin. I would recommend giving it some time and see how you heal before considering any type of revision procedure. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions about your healing in the meantime. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Dissatisfied with 4th Nasal Revision

+2

There is nothing wrong with getting another opinion about your nose. However, your surgeon is correct - you need to wait at least a year to see the final result, especially after your 4th nasal operation. 

Fat tip 6 month post op

+2

Injection of strong steroid would be very beneficial to reduce scarring at 6 months. Do it monthly for 3-4 times. Absolutely wait at least 1 year before any revision attempt. Another opinion might be helpful, but choose a surgeon with a great deal of experience.

David Ellis MD FRCSC

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Art of Facial Surgery

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I Go for a 4th Revision?

+1

I think that your tip can most likely be reduced through a variety of maneuvers including cartilage removal, fat and muscle removal, scar removal, and tip suturing among several other things.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA