For Best Results in Radiesse Therapy for Cheeks, Do I Need Ultherapy Tightening As Well?

+1

This is impossible to say without seeing you or a picture of your face.  Shaping the cheeks with fillers is a great way to augment the cheeks if the proper aesthetics of facial beauty are understood and followed as there's no inherent magic in any filler.  The magic must reside in the aesthetic ability of the MD injecting the filler.  I prefer Perlane for facial shaping and contouring of the cheeks.  Cheek Implants are another solution that I have found highly successful when applying the correct aesthetic judgement.  

Topical skin tightening applications using ultrasound, Laser light or radio frequency are limited to the amount of skin that can be tightened and may have other effects on the filler or subcutaneous fatty tissues.  Try the filler first and then ask an experienced plastic and cosmetic surgeon about the existence of any skin laxity, in that area, as well as possible treatment recommendations.

Combine Radiesse and Ultherapy for best result

+1

With facial aging, we tend to lose volume in our face.  This further contributes the laxity of our skin.  By combining a filler like Radiesse with a skin tightening procedure like Ultherapy, you are really using a multimodal approach to facial rejuvenation and will get a stronger result than using just one modality.  For this reason, my most common promotion is to offer a combined package.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Radiesse combined with Ultherapy

+1

Radiesse treats facial contouring problems due to volume loss and can also be used for enhancing cheekbones, chin and jaw line. Radiesse works by stimulating formation of your own collagen  It is ideal for deeper applications like cheek folds and marionette lines as well as hollowing in the cheeks and under the eyes. Ulthera (Ultherapy) works in a different manner to tighten the skin and is not at all necessary to improve your result from Radiesse injections. In addition, I have never personally been impressed with the results I've seen  from Ultherapy.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy helps to lift, Radiesse, Fat injections, perlane, Restylane and Juvederm help to fill volume

+1

Revolumization of atrophic faces provides a wonderful rejuvenation. If the patient's skin has also become inelastic and dropped signficantly, then volume with filler is important to three dimensionally correct the aged appearance. Otherwise, just having a face lift can result in a sunken-in face can make it look unhealthy. Ultherapy alone would similarly not address the volume deficit although the lifting might be satisfactory. At this time, we prefer to inject fillers after ultherapy until more is known about the Ulthera's possible effect on the longevity of the filler.

Ronald Shelton, MD