Is it possible for restylane in the eye trough to travel to a lymph node?

I have a significantly large lymph node on the jugular vein area on the left side of neck. I lost the restylane in my left eye and I was wondering if it traveled to my neck. I am in the process of having head and neck mri and ultra sound of the lymph node and it only shows up as a significantly large lymph node and no other issues. I will be undergoing a biopsy on Jan 8. I have no symptoms of lymphoma or head and neck cancer. Could the restylane have travelled to the lymph node?

Highly unlikely.

+1
It is extremely unlikely that the enlarged lymph node is related to traveling restylane, however there is a small chance it might be a possible inflammation secondary to the injection (depending on the amount of filler injection and whether there was an infection which resulted).
Most likely it is not related to the restylane.
All the best!
Dr. Tony Perkins.

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Restylane in lymph node

+1

Dear Shrink, I doubt that any Restylane has traveled to your lymph node. I don't know how that would happen and have never heard of such a thing. However, it would not be unheard of for someone to have some swelling of a nearby node due to inflammation after injection. I have never seen this, nor have I read about it but it certainly makes sense. However, I would guess that if lymphadenopathy due to treatment under eye, you would have swollen lymph nodes in areas closer than the jugular area.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist