For Replacement of Deflated Saline Implant with Silicone Gel Implant. What Would Be my Best Option? Allergan? Mentor? Sientra?

Current saline implants:225cc.under the pectoralis muscles.(surgery10 years ago) I want silicone round shape implants not more than 250cc, under the pectoralis muscles. FDA info:1)Allergan Natrelle (Approved November 2006) 2)Allergan Natrelle 410 Highly Cohesive Anatomically Shaped Silicone-Filled Breast Implants (Approved February 2013) 3)Mentor MemoryGel (Approved November 2006) 4)Mentor MemoryShape (Approved June 2013) 5)Sientra’s Silicone Gel Breast Implants (Approved March 2012)

Lots of choices

+1

I'm not a fan of the teardrop / "anatomically" shaped implants for cosmetic patients, unless you want a flat upper pole of the breast.  Most of my patients want fullness in the upper part of the breast - so the round implants work best.  Plus, you don't have to worry about implant rotation issues, as can occur in about 3-5% of the anatomic shaped ones.

Choice of an experienced surgeon who does a lot of revisional work is, by far, the most important factor for you.

All the best!

Breast Implant Manufactures

+1

There are several breast implant manufactures that are available.  It is typically the physician's preference of which one he or she prefers.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Implant types

+1

Every surgeon has their preference.  I stick with round, smooth implants regardless of brand.  Shaped implants have to be properly oriented and can cause problems if they rotate.  Contoured or so called anatomic implants are okay for reconstruction after mastectomy but I don't use them for cosmetic breast surgery.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me (Revisionary Surgery)?

+1

Thank you for the question. As you know, there are many options when it comes to breast implant sizes, profiles, manufacturers etc. However, FAR more important than any of the specific types of breast implants that you have listed will be your selection of plastic surgeon.

My best general advice for patients seeking to undergo breast augmentation revisionary surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.