How do I find a good plastic surgeon to perform a breast augmentation in North Carolina?

I just came home from a consult with a surgeon in Raleigh. Honestly, I just feel that he wasn't the surgeon for me. I live on Fort Bragg, so I am hoping to find a great doctor in the Raleigh or Cary area. I am hoping for a nice full D saline implants, with incision under the fold.

Breast augmentation in Raleigh NC

+1
Rather than discussing cup size, I find it easiest to communicate with my patients about implant size with the help of photographs (see link to my gallery of 250+ images of breast augmentation surgery photos) Cup size varies, and even number of cc's can be very different from one woman to another. For example, ook at how different 300 cc's looks on the different women before and after.

The size is very important, but it is only one factor in having a breast augmentation result that looks and feels natural. The shape of the implant, the placement and the position are all critically important. For the best result, you need a plastic surgeon with expertise in creating natural looking results. We all have seen even small breast implants that look unnatural because they are placed to high, too far apart, or with too much or too little projection.

Take your time researching your plastic surgeon and his training and experience. Ask questions about complication rates, revision policies, and even lawsuits. Ask to speak to prior patients. And, be sure to look at many, many photographs that demonstrate his ability to provide a result that is pleasing to you. Be sure your safety is of paramount importance, that anesthesia is provided by a board-certified anesthesiologist , that surgery is perform in an accredited facility and that the plastic surgeon has a top notch surgical team.

This may seem like a lot of time or a lot of work, but you are making a permanent change to your body. It is worth it to take your time. I can't speak for all plastic surgeons, but I hope that prospective patients check my background and training, and feel comfortable to ask any questions. Finally, if you are totally confident with all of your surgeon's credentials. experience and results, be certain you feel like you have found a plastic surgeon who shares your aesthetic vision and really listens to your concerns.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Plastic Surgeon in North Carolina

+1
I recommend visiting the ASPS website to find board certified plastic surgeons in your area. Asking around for word of mouth referrals is also a great way.  Seeing someone a friend has trusted in the past may help you as well.  Best of luck!

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

How do I find a good surgeon in North Carolina

+1
You seem to be trying to be your own doctor. You say what you want in terms of implant and technique already and this is quite likely from information you read on the Internet. I would recommend you go to the ASAPS web site and look for board certified plastic surgeons in your area and see three of them. Keep an open mind and let the doctors advise you based on your physical exam and then afterward make up your mind. Whatever you do , do not make your decision on price. You get what you pay for. I am sure you will do fine. 

Grady B. Core, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Finding a Plastic Surgeon

+1
There are a number of ways to find a good plastic surgeon for your breast augmentation. One of the best is to go to a web site you can trust that features qualified plastic surgeons. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery both require their members to be fully board certified, meaning they are fully trained to do breast augmentation and  and deal with all problems that can arise, and to perform their surgeries in certified facilities which means that the surgery will be as safe as possible. Additionally, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery admits only those surgeons who concentrate on cosmetic surgery. Their web sites are PlasticSurgery.org and Surgery.org respectively. Also, the plastic surgeons on this site generally are excellent at what they do and care about making sure that their patients are well informed.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a plastic surgeon

+1
I would ask a few friends if they have recommendations. If you are not comfortable with that then I would begin with the American society of plastic surgeon website and go from there. On the site you will find Board Certified Surgeons who are close by. 

Then you can see a few, to find surgeons you are comfortable with.

John Sampson, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Try Realself to find a good breast augmentation surgeon in North Carolina

+1
Thank you for your question.  I am impressed that the plastic surgeonswho take the time and effort to answer questions on Realself in many cases are sincere, well-educated plastic surgeons who emphthize with their patients.

Of course you need to visit the website of the American board of plastic surgery and the American's Society of Aesthetic plastic surgeons (ASAPS) to find board certified plastic surgeons with expertise in cosmetic plastic surgery.

It is essential that your plastic surgeon be board certified and membership in the ASAPS increases the chance that the surgeon is experienced.

After finding plastic surgeons to meet those criteria ones that take the time to answer questions on Realself should be visited for a consultation.  Once you have your consultation trust your gut feeling and instincts about the sincerity and compassion of the surgeon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+1
The best way is to start asking around among your friends and their freinds. This is a common surgery and you will find several women sho have undergone the procedure. They can give you great feedback.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Find a plastic surgeon near Ft. Bragg

+1
Thank you for your question. Breast augmentation is a very common procedure throughout the US. The surgeons below have given you good answers. You can also use RealSelf.com to help you in your search. You would be able to read profiles on the surgeons in your area, look at their pre and post operative photos, and learn about their practices and qualifications. Make sure that the surgeon you choose is board certified and has an expertise in breast augmentation. They should work in a certified operating facility using board certified anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetists. They should use only high quality implants from reputable companies. Good luck. 

William McClure, MD

Plastic Surgeon

+1
Go to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons web site for a search of qualified surgeons in your area. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Plastic Surgeon for breast augmentation

+1
Dear Bambilynn.  If you go to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website, you can find surgeons who are not only certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, but also have shown a dedication to safety and  keeping up with the latest medical advances.  Beware of other "board certified" surgeons who do not have these credentials.  Ask friends if they know of anyone they would recommend (or not recommend).  Visit websites and check online reviews.  When you meet a surgeon, you should feel comfortable with his or her bedside manner.  You should also feel comfortable with their staff members.  Be sure to ask your surgeon where the procedure will be performed and who will be administering your anesthetic.  If the surgical facility is not accredited by organizations such as AAAASF or JAHCO, you may want to consider having your procedure done elsewhere.  I hope this helps.  If you visit my website, you can download a free reports titled "The Biggest Mistakes Patients Make with Plastic Surgery and How to Avoid Them".  I hope this helps.  If I can help you in any other way, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon