For Which Patients is Non-surgical Neck Lift Recommended?

Could a non-surgical neck lift be a long-lasting solution for diabetics with turkey neck?

Non-Surgical Neck Lift Options

+1

Nonsurgical options for neck rejuvenation include Pelleve to tighten loose skin and even Botox for prominent neck bands. Neck liposuction constitutes as "surgery" to remove unwanted fat in the neck area. Laser-assisted neck lift can use a laser device in addition to another neck procedure to tighten the skin of the neck, but the effectiveness depends on the skill of the surgeon. Given you have proper medical management, a surgical limited neck lift may improve the appearance of your neck to reduce sagging skin and tighten the overall appearance of your turkey neck. A turkey neck can not be properly corrected by a nonsurgical method. A photo or a proper examination would best help determine the procedure for you. I recommend seeing a qualified facial cosmetic surgeon.

Web reference: http://prasadcosmeticsurgery.com/prasad-face-eyes/facial-surgery/necklift-rejuvenation/

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Non-surgical neck lift

+1

I agree with others that you shouldn't waste your time or money on non-surgical options for a 'turkey neck'. The recovery from a neck lift can be as quick as 5-7 days.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/face_lift.php

No great non-surgical solutions for the neck - and liposuction qualifies as surgery

+1

There are really no non-surgical solutions presently available for a turkey neck (excess loose skin and fat) that do anything of any significance.  A neck lift or facelift is the gold standard and can be done safely in a well controlled diabetic as long as your internist approves and you are otherwise a healthy, non-smoker in good physical condition.

I would also take exception to Dr. Young's comment that liposuction is a "non-surgical solution" - it absolutely is surgery and carries all the potential risks that any surgery does.  Far too often patients want to downgrade this as just a little "procedure" but it is real surgery!!

+1

There is no non-surgical neck lift for turkey neck - for which all us plastic surgeons can be very thankful!

The various non-surgical modalities are possibly useful only in the very mildest cases of neck laxity, and the results are often unconvincing.

Your diabetes does not necessarily disqualify you from surgery.

I work closely with the family doctors and my anesthesiologist colleagues to ensure that all my patients with underlying medical conditions are well taken care of through their surgery.

Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.vancouvercosmeticsurgery.ca

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift options and diabetes

+1

A turkey neck is caused by gradual sagging of the platysma muscle underneath the skin in the neck. Once you get to the actual turkey neck appearance, it is unlikely that a non-surgical option will provide you with much benefit. The most effective solution is a neck lift which anchors the platysma muscle in the correct position and allows for the removal of excess skin.

Diabetes doesn't necessarily exclude you from a neck lift but it does put you at increased risk for post-operative complications. I have done some procedures on diabetic patients. However, I am very comprehensive in my discussion of risks and insistent that your hemglobin A1C level is normal, indicating that  your blood sugar is well controlled over the long term.

Other options include Ulthera and Thermage. I have not found patients with a turkey neck to be very satisfied with these treatments.

Nonsurgical approaches to necklift

+1
You are absolutely right that the nonsurgical approaches, including Thermage and laser, will not achieve optimal results. See a board certified plastic surgeon to determine whether they could be of value to you. I wold never go so far as to say that a diabetic patient should hav no major problems. It depends upon the severity of the disease and you should not discount the additional risks for diabetics.

Non surgical approaches to a turkey neck in a diabetic

+1

You've described your neck as a turkey neck which usually means you have a waddle of skin and fat below your chin of more than minor size, in which case surgery would probably be best. But, if your diabetes is not well controlled and your primary care doc doesn't advise surgery, you could consider Thermage (a radio-frequency device) or Ulthera (an ultrasound device) if you could accept a  minor improvement; they will not work miracles, don't replace surgery, but might help you some.

Web reference: http://www.todaysface.com

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical necklft for turkey neck

+1

If you really do have a turkey neck deformity, I doubt that any nonsurgical procedure will provide the results you are seeking.  Alternatively, I do not think that having diabetes means that you are not a good candidate for a surgical neck lift procedure.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Non-surgical neck lift

+1
Although not non-surgical, a direct approach to "turkey neck" removal is possible that may be better if you desire a less invasive option because of the diabetes. Direct excisional techniques are long lasting. May be indicated for someone who isn't a good candidate for general anesthesia. Regardless be sure blood sugar is well controlled, and your plastic surgeon plans management of your blood sugar with your diabetes physician and the anesthesiologist, if you will need one.

Web reference: http://feelbeautiful.com

Diabetics can get a neck lfit a non surgical solution would give minimal results but there are options

+1

I have done many neck lifts on diabetics. You should have a medical clearance by your primary care physician or other pertinent speciailist but once cleared you should have no major problems with having a neck lift. Non surgical solutions include liposuction. Sometimes fat grafting done in a judicious way can also improve your neck. Below is a video for you to watch and a link to see more informative videos:

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon