Looking for options to treat my forehead and under eyes

This picture is after a month or so of retin A. I really cannot afford surgery so I need some other ideas please!

Botox

+1

Botox should help a lot with the lines in your forehead and frown area.  I think a blepharoplasty is your best option for your lower lids.

Botox For Rejuvenation

+1

Some of the wrinkles can be relaxed with some neuromodulators like botox, dysport or xeomin. Studies have shown that using neuromodulators before fractionated C02 treatments enhance the results noted from the laser. A fractionated C02 treatment to the full face, utlilizing a Fraxel Repair, would help stimulate collagen production superficially, helping to  smoothening the deep wrinkles on the forehead and crepiness under the eyes. The use of a filler such as Restylane under the eyes would help soften the transition between the under eye skin and cheek skin.  Good luck!

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Try using Botox and Fraxel for wrinkles

+1
You can use Botox to help relax the muscle between your brows.  When the muscles are relaxed it is easier to treat those lines that are now etched in with a Fraxel laser treatment.  The Fraxel laser is used for facial rejuvenation and can help smooth out those wrinkles. 

Michele S. Green, MD

Botox and fillers for forehead and under the eyes

+1

Botox would be a good option for you, at least to soften the lines in your forehead and between your brows.  However your lines also appear to be etched in, meaning they are present at rest.  A superficial filler such as Belotero could be a good option for you in combination with the Botox.  If surgery is not an option, then I agree with the other responses - filler like Restylane or Belotero would help improve the hollowness under the eyes and help add volume to give you a more refreshed, well-rested look.

Ritu Saini, MD

Treatment options

+1

It would be best for you to have a thorough assessment with a reputable and recommended plastic surgeon in your area to discuss all of your options, both surgical and non-surgical.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox can help

+1

Hi Jamie.  Botox is an affordable non-surgical option to improve the "ELEVEN" lines between your eyes.  From your picture, the lines appear to be permanent wrinkles(still visible at rest).  These lines will be softer after intial botox, but I would not expect them to be completely resolved with one treatment.  I would recommend consistent treatment to this area with Botox every 3-4 months.  You could also consider adding filler if you want a quicker resolution of these lines.  If budget is concern, then I would recommend just Botox for now.   Belotero or Restylane are fillers that could be used under eyes along orbital rim to help improve the appearance.  I would also recommend you continue using your Retin A as it is still benefical to your skin, but Retin A alone, is not enough to correct your areas of concern.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologist

Botox and Restylane

+1

Botox to glabella and restylane for periorbital rejuvenation would likely be the most effective solutions aside from surgery.

Botox/Dysport for forehead and Belotero or Restylane under eyes

+1

If I had to treat you on a budget I would put some Botox or Dysport in the 11's of your mid forehead and some Belotero or Restylane under eyes. I think that 1/2 to 1 cc of Restylane would be plenty. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Options for Forehead & Under Eyes

+1

Hi Jamie.  Although you are a good surgical candidate, there are non surgical options available that can help.  Botox and Dysport would be great for the vertical "11"  lines between the eyes and the horizontal forehead lines.  Prices vary but would probably range from about $350 - $550 depending on who is doing it and how much they charge per unit.

As for the area under the eyes, Restylane would do well.  Because of the pronounced volume loss, you would likely need 2 cc's of the product and it would probably cost between $850 - $1200 depending on who does it.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Options to treat forehead and under eyes

+1

Retin-A is good for overall tone and texture and you should continue to use it. Non-surgical options would be Botox, fillers, and various lasers, but those will require you to do them repeatedly to maintain results. Unfortunately, there isn't anything that's really inexpensive that would be able to treat your specific concerns at this time. But you should continue the Retin-A and sunscreen for sure, those will help with your tone and texture. And maybe in the future, should you really desire to do something, you could start smaller with Botox and/or fillers, and then continue saving if you wish to do larger surgical options.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD