Should I Go for a Second Opinion for a Possible Septal Preforation?

I recently had Septoplasty surgery this past June. It all went well and I can breath much better. However in the last 2 weeks I noticed my nose is dry and making some weird sounds. I went to see my surgeon and he said I do not have a septal preforation. But I can see the preforation and so can my husband. Should I go for a second opinion? If I do have a septal preforation why wouldn't my surgeon just tell me. Thank you for your help, Chrissy

Septal perforation

+1

There should never be a problem with getting a second opinion. You will feel better if it confirms your original doctors recommendation. If it differs then you will have another set of eyes and thoughts to evaluate what is bothering you.

West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Second opinion never hurts

+1
Certainly any surgeon upon examining any patient should give a proper diagnosis and there is no reason your surgeon should not have told you if indeed you do present with a perforation. You may want to seek a second opinion with a qualified surgeon and hopefully this will set your mind at ease. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Get a second opinion

+1

When in doubt, seek a second opinion from a qualified nasal surgeon, either an ENT or Plastic Surgeon who does a lot of noses.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Septal Perforation

+1

Hi,

Difficult to say without examing your nose. You would want to believe your surgeon. You should go for a second opinion. It may be a very small septal perforation so maybe he/she missed it.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS