Is It Possible for my Wide,bulbous,droopy Tip to Become Small? (photo)

My nose tip is very wide,bulbous and its even droopy when l smile. l want to get rid of the wide tip and the drop without getting a piggy nose. l want a small nose that will suit my face. Am l expecting to much? What could be done on my nose? l havent seen so much great result bulbous nose.. Plus, l dont know if l have thick skin but l guess l do. Is it possible for me to have a nose considerably smaller? l really want to have a rhinoplasty, next summer if possible. lm 18.

Narrowing Your Nose

+1

Your nose does not look particularly bulbous in the photos you provided, but narrowing and refining the lower part of your nose could be a very good goal for rhinoplasty for you.  A talented rhinoplasty surgeon can resculpt cartilage to make your nose look more dainty and fit the rest of your face better.

When you are ready to get started, do some research online and locate board certified plastic surgeons who obviously enjoy performing rhinoplasty and do lots of nose jobs each year.  They should have extensive photo galleries that show a variety of patients of all ages and ethnicities.  Although rhinoplasty is still one of the most challenging cosmetic procedures, your case does not appear to be particularly difficult.  In the right hands, you should have every chance of being happy with your results.

Elliot Jacobs, M.D.

Bulbous? Droopy?

+1

From the photos you sent I do not see a droopy tip.  Your nasal tip overprojects a bit but angle with the lip seems ok.  If it droops when you smile, that can often be changed by clipping the muscle that causes it to do that.  Your tip looks a bit wide and probably asymmetrical.  Depending on the thickness of the skin, more definition in the tip is possible.  

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is It Possible for my Wide,bulbous,droopy Tip to Become Small?

+1

The bulbous, droopy tip correction is relatively straightforward for a talented surgeon.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty for Wide Bulbous and Droopy Nose

+1

Based on your pictures your nose has real room for improvement for being narrowed and more refined, particularly in the tip area. Whether you can achieve exactly the same nose result as the picture you showed can not be accurately predicted or guaranteed but that is not an unrealistic rhinoplasty goal.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

Yes, based upon the photos provided, Rhinoplasty would be able to refine and narrow the nasal tip.

Refining the nasal tip

+1

It is possible to subtly refine and lift the nasal tip without having the nose appear overdone. I would recommend an in-person consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you, which will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

It certainly is possible to reduce your overall nose to make it softer and smaller. the thick skin may impede gettign a very refined look.

What is Possible for my Nose?

+1

While your tip is wide , I would not consider it bulbous. The entire nose should be conservatively reduced so that it is smaller and better refined. Consult with a rhinoplasty specialist so you achieve a natural non-surgical result.

Rhinoplasty

+1

somh, I believe from you photos you are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty and I would expect you to be happy with your results. I would recommend you see 3 rhinoplasty specialists and look at their photos. Try and find physicians with at least 10 years of experience; a good hint is if they don't have many post op photos to look at then you may want to look elsewhere. Keep searching until you are happy with what you see and what they have to say.Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip

+1

Reducing the bulbous tip involves narrowing the tip cartilages with a combination of cartilage removal and tip suturing techniques called intra-domal and inter-domal. A refinement and feminization of the nasal tip occurs while still keeping the natural contour, just narrower. Any adjustments along the bridge line can also be performed at same time to balance the tip of the new bridge. For examples of bulbous-tip repair please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery