What Do You Think I Need to Do for my Rhinoplasty to Achieve a Narrow Bridge / Nostrils?

The following is a list of what I'd like done: 1. narrow bridge 2. narrow nostrils- horizontally & vertically 3. thin out entire nose, esp. bulbous tip 4. reduce projection Deviated septum is a standard proced. but any thoughts on how to narrow nostrils? I've read a LOT of literature & there seem to be multiple techniques. Also how much can I reasonably expect to narrow the bulbous tip? I have an ethnic nose but want to drastically reduce the bulbous tip!..don't care about preserving ethnicity!

Rhinoplasty expectations

+2

Aesthetically what you desire makes sense,but a couple of observations:

1. You have thick skin which will impact how small and narrow your nose can be made
  2. You have a low radix which may need to be augmented to give you the best possible profile

Rhinoplasty Results

+2

You have correctly addressed the changes that are necessary to  refine your nose. The nostrils can be narrowed with Weir incisions to decrease the flare of the lateral nostril walls.

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

Thanks for posting your pictures. Refinement of your tip will require reconstructing your tip cartilage and possibly a cartilage shield and strut graft. As far as your nostrils go, I would only do a horizontal intra-sill V incision to narrow the alar-collumelar distance. The bridge of your nose can also be refined to give you a more narrow look.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty Options

+2

Based on your pictures and the areas you want addressed, I think you can achieve a nice result.  In addition to narrowing the bridge, refining the tip, and reducing the production, you can have an alar base resection which will help reduce the nostrils.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your posted photos are not optimal for analysis or making recommendations but I think I see a low root of the bridge, C-shaped septal deviation concave to the left, a round parentheses shaped tip and a wide alar base. Cartilage graft at the upper edge of the bridge, septum surgery, trimming and suture shaping the tip cartilages and removal of a wedge of skin from the outer corners of the nostrils (all standard rhinoplasty procedures) should address these issues.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Rhinoplasty for tip and nostrils

+1

It would be reasonable to narrow your nostrils, refine your tip and reduce your supratip.  It's important for you to meet with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to work through the details.

David Stoker, MD

Rhinoplasty for the wide nose with bulbous tip.

+1

All that you mentioned can be done with narrowing your nostrils. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can show you live patients he has done with a similar nose as yours.