Is It Possible for my Nose? I Have a Large Hump on My Nose?

i have a large hump on my nose and id like to get a nose job but i like the looks of my nose from the front not the side. is it possible for my nose to look like the second photo without really changing the look of the nose from the front? is it possible?

+1

The dorsal hump can be removed to improve the profile while minimally affecting the frontal view.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Questions about a rhinoplasty and hump removal

+1

You do have a dorsal nasal hump that is composed of both cartilage and bone. This can be reduced without altering your nasal tip.  It is likely that you would need to have the nasal bones infractured to close of the top part of your dorsum.  This will slightly alter your appearance from the front, making your nose narrower but it should like better.  

Rhinoplasty for hump removal

+1

The hump of the nose is composed of both the bone and cartilage which is shaved down created nice profile.  Osteotomies will be required to narrow the nasal bones. This will prevent an open roof deformity  and a flat top nose. The nose is a three-dimensional structure, so the frontal profile will be slightly altered, usually for the better. Please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery to see how the three-dimensional changes take place in the frontal and side views.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/rhinoplasty_photos24.html

Rhinoplasty for hump on bridge

+1

The removal of larger humps requires movement of the nasal bones on the sides to close the resulting roof. Smaller humps do not open the roof so movement of the nasal bones is not required. If you move the nasal bones you will affect the appearance from the front and the more you move them the greater that effect.

Your hump is small enough that you may get away without moving the nasal bones but especially in female noses some movement of the nasal bones usually improves the overall appearance.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Removing the large nasal hump without changing the frontal view.

+1

Removing the large nasal hump without changing the frontal view is possible. You need to select a surgeon who does natural noses and who is very experienced for the best results. 

Yep

+1

I do noses like this all the time -- this is a very common problem -- the bump can be fixed but still we can let the front view not change a lot.