Is It Possible for my Nose to Look Like This? (photo)

i went to a plastic surgeon & he analysed my nose. he then on a screen fixed it 2 show a adjusted nose. At the time I just went for consultation & took the images with me. Now looking at them i would prefer my nose to be fixed like this. He said it was a minor surgery that would fix only the tip & the nostril area, not touching the bone. Thing is is this a realistic image of how my nose could look? & could i have alarplasty on the inside of my nose.image of the smaller nose is the fixed one

Possible Rhinoplasty Results

+1

Based on the digital morphing photos, the projected results are very much possible but describing the surgery as simple is not quite accurate.

To obtain the desired results, a delicate and conservative approach is to be adopted.

An alarplasty is important but small additional modifications are to be performed as well especially at the level of the nasal tip to make the outcome within natural proportions.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Rhinoplasty Expectations

+1

The expectations you show are reasonable, but I respectfully disagree that this is minor surgery. After 35 years of doing this operation I have learned that this is a challenging procedure that should never be considered "minor".

Partial Rhinoplasty Options: Tip-Plasty, Alar-Plasty, Profile-Plasty

+1

Hi Kadesha, Great question.

The ultimate goal of any plastic surgeon should be to provide the result that you want. If their experience suggests that you will be unhappy with certain choices, then they should provide you with that opinion and explain the reason behind that opinion. If, after that discussion, you still choose to follow your own instinct, then that should be respected, provided that it is medically possible to provide that change.

In my practice, I promote a concept called Rhinosculpting. The idea is to retain the good parts and only rework the areas that create imbalances or problems. Patients are offered several different types of rhinoplasty corrections using this approach and they can choose the one that best meets their aesthetic goals.

From the photos you show, it appears that you do not have excessive width issues with the upper bony part of the nose. A partial Rhinoplasty, or tip plasty, would be a good choice, given that your width issue is most pronounced in the lower tip area. Provided that you don't have a profile bump that might require some bone work, a Tip-plasty would be very feasible and would provide the solution to your concerns. I wouldn't call it minor, since tip work is often more challenging than profile reduction.

Alar-plasty or nostril reduction can also be done with many different variations. I use techniques that are mostly, if not completely, done throught the inner part of the nostril. When simultaneous tip work is being done, the nostril reduction looks very natural and provides a nice width reduction.

I think your images are very reasonable and achievable.

Best of luck

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is It Possible for my Nose to Look Like This?

+1

This is the problem that I have always had with imaging software.  It manipulates and adjusts the picture in ways that surgery can not.  Rhinoplasty can thin your nasal tip however if you compare the before and after you will see that the imaging software significantly decreased the width of the entire front of the nose from nostril to nostril in a manner and degree that would not be possible surgically.  IMHO, you can thin the tip similarly but no amount of nasal bunching or alarplasty will narrow the entire front of the nose like this photo.  

Photoshop goals in rhinoplasty

+1

It is reasonable to have the photo you have shown as a goal for your nasal surgery.  It is not possible to exactly match any photo with this surgery as part of the final result depends on the skill of your surgeon and part of it depends on how your body heals.  It is definately not "minor " surgery.  "minor surgery" is surgery done to someone else!

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Video imaging is a useful way to balance patient expectations with surgical capability.

+1

From your photos, the result you desire looks very achievable.  I wouldn't call a rhinoplasty a little operation.  It's not physiologically hard on a patient but it is difficult to get consistently good results.