What Can Be Done for my Nose As I Feel Its Too Pointy and Long?

i am only 14, will it adjust to my face or will it get bigger as i get older? and how much would it cost?

Correcting a long and pointy nose

+1

Correcting a long and pointy nose should be very achievable. The procedure should be done after nasal growth is largely complete, which occurs after puberty. For young women, rhinoplasty can be considered in some patients as early as age 14, but certainly by age 16.  For young men, nasal growth is usually complete a couple of years later.  The cost depends on the surgeon and on the complexity of the procedure, which should be discussed during the consultation.

Rhinoplasty - Age 14

+1

I would recommend that you wait until you are older to undergo a rhinoplasty.  Your nose as well as your desired result may change over time.  Please consult with a board certified specialist when you reach 18 years of age to achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Nasal issues in young teen

+1

At 14 you are more than likely still growing. Since you are female, you may want to wait another year or so to be evaluated.  If you are unhappy with your nose, a rhinoplasty may help improve the appearance.  You will need your parents' permission and they will need to escort you for an appointment.

Noses are almost fully grown by 14 years old, but your face will continue to mature

+1

We consider rhinoplasty for teens as soon as 15 or 16 for girls and 16 or 17 for boys. Some of the more important considerations are when your growth spurt occured. More importantly is the maturity of the decision to consider rhinoplasty.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Age for rhinoplasty in a young girl.

+1

By 14 years old in young girls the nose is grown to or almost to full size and can be done. 

Age for rhinoplasty

+1

At 14 you have reached 95 -98% of your maxillofacial growth in the nasal region. I would not expect a significant change with age.As far as if you are an appropriate candidate for rhinoplasty I cannot comment without a photograph.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Cosmetic Nose Surgery for A Long and Pointy Nose

+1

It is really hard to tell (without photos) if your nose will continue to grow and adjust to your surrounding facial features. At 14 years old - you are too young to have rhinoplasty surgery. In most females, we wait until around 17-18 years old, while in males we wait a little longer before recommending surgery. The average cost for this type of surgery when you reach the appropriate age is about $6000-7000. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and age

+1

You are too young for surgery. Please talk this over with your parents. Although there is no age limit for rhinoplasty most surgeons prefer patients over 18. Your nose will continue to change.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon