What Should I Do for my Lips? (photo)

My problem is that i have a thicker center in my lips thats rounded, the sides are thinner. From the side profile my top lip sticks out further then my bottom. When i talk it sticks out vertically. (the roundness) I want to correct that problem and have my lips to be less flat on top (cupids bow) and more pouty. I was considering a lip lift but when i raise my lip it just looks to thick. What are my treatment options?

Juvederm as a Possible Corrective Option for Lips

+1

Although I do agree with the other responses to this post that your lips look just fine based on your pictures, there are options that can help you achieve the corrections you described, if the profile angle is a major concern. 

The lips can be thought of as being divided into 5 equally divided sections (3 on top and 2 on bottom). Balanced lip augmentation with fillers like Juvederm requires the right amount of injection in these regions to achieve the look that you want. This might involve adding filler to the two sides of your upper lip, while leaving the middle part alone. And perhaps filler could be added to your bottom lip to balance it out with the top. It is difficult to be conclusive without seeing the issue first hand.

I would suggest that you speak to a board certified dermatologist who specializes in lip enhancements. 

Hyaluronic fillers like Juvederm give results that are quite natural looking in appearance. And the injections are temporary which will give you ample opportunities for future adjustments. Start with a conservative amount. You can always add more later. 

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Leave your lips alone would be my expert opinion

+1
Photographs may be deceiving at times but I believe yours are true to opinion and the opinion is that you should leave your lips alone. Sometimes patients who have had Injections of fillers in their lips overtime forget what they looked like originally and strive for a perfection that is unattainable or misconstrued as aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The proportions of the face should match evenly and if you augmented your lips fuller you take this out, creating an unnatural worked on appearance, which is just not aesthetically pleasing. So it is my hopes that you take these answers in deep consideration and where you state "my problem is" you change that mode of thought to "my lips look nice". You do not have a problem at this point but you certainly may create one in the future if you do not take head to the majority of expert opinion. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Sometimes "nothing" is better than "something"

+1

Your lips are quite lovely as they are and, as you can see by the first answer below, you can always find someone who will do surgery on you. You already have nice, full lips so my advice is to not do a thing as you are in pursuit of a "perfection" that does not exist. I disagree with the first two words of your question - you do not have a problem!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

What can I do for my lips (photo)?

+1

You appear to have filler already in the lips, and it looks good.  Your questions and issues are so specific, they should really be addressed in person with your surgeon.  You can always get minor touch ups and refinements.  In agreement with other responders, I believe in your case, the best course of action at this time is to enjoy your considerable beauty rather than further tinkering with it.

Steve Laverson, MD

Lip augmentation for depression.

+1

Lip augmentation for depression at sides can be done if it is deforming and looks weird. Your lips are beautiful--leave them alone!!!!! You can always find someone to tell you to fix them.

What Should I Do for my Lips?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, your face is very attractive.  The lower lip is slightly smaller than the upper lip which gives the mouth an unbalanced proportion.  This is compounded by the weakness of the chin, IMHO.  The chin should be augnmented as well as the lower lip to achieve a more balanced profile as well as the proper lip proportion.  Be sure the plastic and cosmetic surgeon, you choose, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face (and lips).