What Can Be Done for my Left Eye? (photo)

I want my left eye to look like my right eye. I have posted a question about my eye asymmetry before but am now posting pictures that more accurately show my situation. What can be done to make my left eye look more like my right? Thanks

See original question here.

Possible very mild ptosis

+1

thank you for the photographs.

In these photographs there is a notable asymmetry in the position of the left upper eyelid and the crease but I don't know how practical or useful it would be to intervene surgically. The first step would be to go to see an ophthalmologist and ensure that there are no medical causes of what is going on. Also some questions we have to answer are:

is this new?

how is a big going on?

And again, how significant is this and is it worth surgery at this time?

This asymmetry will be, most likely, one noticeable as you age and therefore more worthwhile as far as corrections concern. Get more than a few consults with good oculoplastics surgeons and facial plastic surgeons.

Don't be too hasty and ill be encouraged to do something that may not make much difference at this time or at this point in your life.

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unilateral upper eyelid ptosis

+1

Your supratarsal fold on the right side is higher than the crease on the left side.  This is indicative of upper eyelid ptosis.  The elevated position of your right upper eyelid is a compensatory response to this ptosis.  It is possible that a ptosis repair could correct your problem or at least make it more even.  

What Can Be Done for my Left Eye?

+1

The brow on the left is compensating for the slight ptosis, so you may want to attempt to get this fixed.  You could also consider Botox to drop the left brow a little.  This would improve brow symmetry but would not help the ptosis.                                                                                                                             Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

What Can Be Done for my Left Eye?

+1

You have a little ptosis, a common problem. Any experienced surgeon in cosmetic eyelid surgery should be able to help you.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Eyelid Asymmetry

+1

You appear to have ptosis (droop) of the left upper eyelid that is being compensated by the forehead muscles.  This is why you left eyebrow is higher.  You may have a lesser amount of droop on the right side as well that will be noticed after the left side is corrected.  Consult with a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery or an ophthalmologic surgeon to acquire the detailed information that you need to make an informed decision.

Philip E. Fleming, MD