For my 15 Yyr Old Alopecia Areata, Which Laser Treatment is Better, PUVA or Revage 670?

I am suffering from Alopecia Areata for last 15 years. Due to lack of knowledge of Alopecia Areata, I was not able to find a correct treatment or doctor for it. Recently came to know about the laser therapies to treat AA. Kindly help in finding if PUVA is better or Revage 670? Can some body suggest a good doctor for Alopecia treatment in Mumbai, India

Alopecia areata

+1
Be sure to see a dermatologist who specializes in hair loss.

In general, corticosteroid injections are the first line or "top" treatment for a 15 year old with patchy alopecia areata. Topical steroids can also be used. Next on the list is topical immune sensitizers like diphencyprone and squaric acid. 

Most experts would agree that laser and PUVA are not near the top of the list for alopecia areata treatments. PuVA has been studied but has largely fallen out of favor. 

Toronto Dermatologist

Don't Fall Prey to the Latest Treatment for Alopecia Areata

+1

Alopecia Areata (AA) is an autoimmune disorder, where the bodies own antibodies attack the hair follicle causing patches of hair loss.  As you probably know, this  can be extensive and involve more than one area of the scalp or even the body.  Unless somebody can submit a peer reviewed study proving Light Activation by the Simulated Emission of Radiation ("LASER") can down-regulated the immune system, I would advise you to avoid any laser for AA.  Corticosteroid injections or other immune modulators may possibly be effective in resolving this condition, but not very well either.

John E. Frank, MD