Could I Go for a Moderate Plus Profile Implant ?

Having implants replaced after 13 years due to rupture. On the whole happy with shape and size, however noticed my breasts sit wide naturally and i feel i lack some fullness in the upper middle part and much of fullness sits towards outer sides of breast. I am very slim frame and had 225cc implant (my max at the time)taking me from 32a to 32d/dd. I dont wish to look unnatural or encourage more fullness at sides by going slightly bigger so wondering if mod plus profile might be better? thank you

Moderate Plus Implant?

+3

It is possible you will be an excellent candidate for the moderate plus profile implant;  it is one of the most commonly used implant profiles used in our practice.

Exactly what type of implant will best serve your needs will depend on your goals and accurate communication with your plastic surgeon.

In my practice I use goal pictures to communicate with patients.  With this technique patients are able to demonstrate what they are trying to achieve and what type of looks they do not like as well. 
I also use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

Breast Implant Revision - Could I Go for a Moderate Plus Profile Implant ?

+2

Maybe - but it depends on the anatomy.  And that means both yours and the implant's (ie, its dimensions).  When choosing an implant, one of the many considerations is the profile of the implant, which takes into account an implant's projection versus base diameter.  High profile implants have narrower bases and more projection, Moderate or Low have the widest bases and the Moderate Plus (Mentor's middle implant) is in between.  I find that that style generally looks best and I tend to prefer it.  But each case is different and you should sit with your surgeon and go through the various issues of size and profile of the implant to see what will be best for you.  The high profile implant generally is associated with a wider space between the breasts (at a given size) than would be the case for the moderate plus.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Implant exchange question about moderate plus implant

+2

If you use a moderate plus profile implant that is similar in diameter to your original implant, it would be about 75 cc or so larger.  It would give you a little more fullness in the upper portion of your breast.

If you like that look, it could potentially work for you.  Ask your local surgeon to show you both implants side by side, and use an air-filled sizer to see what the extra 75 cc would look like in a sports bra.

In our practice, this implant is the most popular selection.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Moderate plus breast implants

+2

The moderate plus implants are intended to be very slightly fuller in the upper pole than moderate ones.  Whether this will be the right choice for you would require an exam but it sounds potentially reasonable.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Moderate plus implants are a great size choice

+1

Moderate plus implants sound like a great fit for you.  They are great for adding volume and projection without being overprojected.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

+1

Again very hard without a posted photo to be exact. I recommend you consider exchange and fat grafting to address the other issues.Or a "composite implant revision.