Looking for Minimally Invasive Rhinoplasty

I am looking to get rhinoplasty done but I am not willing to go under general anesthesia, and therefore am looking for minimally invasive surgery. I have consulted a couple of surgeons and though I need to get the hump on my nose removed, I am likely to leave that as it is. Instead, I am planning to get my tip and/or nostrils fixed. Any recommendation in this regard is welcome.

IV Sedation for Tip Rhinoplasty

IV sedation is a reasonable option for an isolated tip rhinoplasty procedure. You should be able to be made very comfortable with little memory of the actual procedure.

Indiana University Health North Hospital
Carmel, IN 46032

Rhinoplasty without general anesthesia.

If you just wanted to have your nostrils addressed, it is possible it could be done under local anesthesia alone.  However, if you seek to have your nasal tip and other work done to your nose, local anesthesia combined with IV sedation would satisfy your desires of avoiding general anesthesia.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you desire.

Kimberly Lee, MD

416 North Bedford Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Rhinoplasty and Anesthesia

You could most certainly have the bridge of the nose reduced and the tip refined under local anesthesia with supplemental I.V. sedation. This is a good option for those afraid of general anesthesia. You will be comfortable, relaxed and probably not remember much of the procedure. Most surgeons specializing in nasal surgery offer this form of anesthesia to patients wanting less than full general anesthesia. Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

2133 N Commerce Pkwy
Weston, FL 33326

Rhinoplasty surgery and anesthesia

Dear darkprincess2k,

• You can have everything you want (bump taken down and a finer tip) with IV sedation, which is what we do here
  • It is not general anesthesia, just some medicine given through the IV to relax you
  • You won't feel anything and there is minimal discomfort afterwards
  • It just depends on what area you are in and what your surgeon and anesthesiologist is comfortable with

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

201 South Lasky Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Nasal tip surgery under sedation

I would recommend a tip rhinoplasty with refinement of the lower lateral cartilages, resect the caudal septum and take the dorsum down slightly.  In other words, make the tip thinner, remove the bump andmake the nose slightly smaller.  One hour.  Under sedation.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS
Champaign Plastic Surgeon

1405 W Park Street
Urbana, IL 61801

Alternative to general anesthesia for rhinoplasty

A good alternative to general anesthesia is using local anesthesia with IV sedation. You can reduce the hump, fix the tip and nostril all together with local anesthesia and sedation. The mode of anesthesia shouldn't be a deterrent to what you want to improve on your nose.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

76 N Hudson Ave
Pasadena, CA 91101

Rhinoplasty under local

You can certainly have this done under local or local with sedation if you desire. I often recommend this to patients but the overwhelming majority of them demand to go to sleep. Good luck!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

1515 North Flagler Dr.
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

Tip Refinement With or Without Hump Reduction

Dear DarkPrincess2k-

Certainly a volume reduction, refining tip rhinoplasty can be done comfortably using IV sedation anesthesia. Consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can help you visualize potential changes to the profile. Good luck.

Sincerely, Dr. Tom Kaniff

Thomas E. Kaniff, MD, FACS
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

631 Fulton Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95825

Rhinoplasty and sedation

A rhinoplasty can be done with sedation.  It can not be doen under local only.  A proper evaluation in person is essential.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Minimally invasive rhinoplasty.

You need a full rhinoplasty to remove the bump, etc. This can be done as easily as a minimal rhinoplasty under local anesthesia with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210