For medium sun damage and acne dark spots, what's the best way to get even skin tone? (photos)

I hear a lot of horror stories just from this Website regarding ipl or co2, how they lost collagen and scarring occurs etc. Any advise regarding this method? What about tazorac? What kind of cream? My skin type is dry. Thanks

Best Treatment for Medium Sun Damage and Acne Dark Spots

+1
Hi rm,

The best treatment for medium sun damage and acne dark spots is laser treatment.  We like to use Fraxel Dual for brown spots and texture, Fraxel repair for acne scarring.  The most importatn aspect of your treatment, the best way to avoid the "horror stories" is to make sure that you choose your treating physician most carefully.  Not all lasers, and certainly not all physicians are the same.  Good luck and be well.

Michael Persky, MD
Encino, CA