If I'm Looking for Longevity is 650cc Too Big?

I have breast augmentation surgery scheduled for next month and i choose 650cc implants. I'm 5'5, 160lbs, and currently a 36A or 36AA. My PS said i have enough breast tissue to go that big but my concern is how soon will i start seeing thinning of breast tissue? & how soon will i have to get them replaced? I know they don't last forever but i want the most i can get outta them lol is 500-550cc the same as in sagging and thinning breast tissue sooner because of size??? Thank you

Breast Implant Size and Longevity?

+2

Although I do understand your concern, it is not possible to simplify the issue to the point where “bigger implants are more problematic”. The big picture goals should be to achieve your goals in regards to breast size etc., while minimizing risks and potential complications. 

In this regard, every patient situation (body type and goals) will be different. Therefore, best to communicate your goals carefully with your plastic surgeon;  both of you should emphasize safety first,  but also remember that the most common regret after this operation is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Implant Selection Process

+1

Generally speaking, the bigger the implants, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Is 650cc too big?

+1

At first glance and without an exam I would say you are getting into a pretty large implant. Larger implants are heavier and place significant stress on the skin. Further they can require a lift sooner than another patient with a smaller implant. Your height and weight seems like your chest wall can tolerate that size. For most women I think that would be too big, but this is a very individualized process.  Rather than focusing on the type of implant profile or the number of cc's or bra cup size (with is inaccurate and manufacturer dependent), I would recommend you communicate very clearly your expectations and desires. Your plastic surgeon will decide with you on the profile of the implant based on the breast width, your body shape, skin elasticity and thickness and native breast tissue present. Based on the limited information you have given your results are achievable. In my practice I usually explain the implant types, profile and rationale for using different implants/ profiles. I also use the a special sizing system pre-op and have patients try them inside a bra so they can get a sense of their look. I never tell them what size I have picked until they show me the "look" they REALLY desire by trying on the sizing system in our office. Then we sit down and evaluate "the look" they have chosen and see if it matches what I have chosen by measurements and physical exam.  It does make it both fun and is a healthier partnership between patients and the PS.  Speak with your plastic surgeon. Good luck on your surgery!

Implant longevity

+1

Each patient is different in terms of longevity of their implants. It is multifactorial including the quality of the tissues and the size of the implants. 

Big implants & longevity

+1

If by "longevity" you mean how the skin & soft tissues will hold up over time, then unfortunately, the larger you go with the implant, the heavier it is, and the more weight the skin has to support.  This inevitably results in more soft tissue stretch over time, for most people. So, it's certainly a trade-off.

Breast implants size Longevity

+1

You are correct that larger implants have more problems such as breast sagging and thinning tissues. The increase in sagging is directly proportional to the size. So, each size smaller has less risk.

Web reference: http://www.chicagobreast.com