Is It Possible for Someone to Get Liposuction on Upper and Lower Abs and Get a Tummy Tuck Done During the Same Procedure?

I talked to a doctor about what I wanted but he said that lipo and a tummy tuck can not be done at once that I have to choose either the tummy tuck or the lipo But that he will do a muscle repair so that I can get a flat abdomin. But that it might not be as flat as I want it to be because there still might be fat pockets. But I feel that if I do the tummy tuck and I go back for lipo if I need it wich I think I will if I don't have both at once, that I will have loose skin again after the lipo.

Combining liposuction and abdomioplasty risks and complications

+1

Timing and planning of multiple surgical procedures is a common question and patient concern.  Combining an abdominoplasty and liposuction is not an unusual request.  There is a slightly higher risk of complications with this combination.  The main concern is over suctioning of the upper abdomen as this can compromise the blood supply to the lower abdomen and cause wound healing problems.  As long as you are in good physical health and have no overriding medical conditions you should be a good candidate. With this combination the highest priority has to be safety and the prevention of DVT and PE.

Liposuction and Tummy Tuck Together

+1

We plastic surgeons used to never do central abdominal liposuction with an abdominoplasty in fear that it would cause a decrease in blood supply and loss of skin. We now know that, if done carefully and in the right areas, it can be safe. In fact, I frequently use the two together. Even so, one cannot be cavalier with this, as there is an increased risk of problems. If you are not happy with what you have been told, seek another opinion with a plastic surgeon with significant experience in tummy tuck and liposuction. If the answer is the same, then pick the one with whom you feel most comfortable.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

Many surgeon, including myself, avoid performing lipo on the flap of abdominal skin which is raised in a  tummy tuck.  Liposuction can increase the risk of circulation problems in the skin of your abdomen.  Have the tummy tuck done first. The lipo can be done after a few months but there is a strong likelihood that it won't even be needed. You can, however, have other areas suctioned at the same time such as you hips or thighs very safely at the same time.

Tummy tuck and liposuction together

+1

The short answer is yes they can be done together. However, there may be some limitations as to the areas or extent of the liposuction as it is important not to compromise the blood supply to the skin so that healing can happen. And your individual anatomy may indicate which procedure or combination is best for you so that you can obtain the best result for you. You may want to have consultations with several plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to see what your options are. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

#Liposuction on Upper & Lower Abs and #TummyTuck During Same Procedure? ANS:

+1

For a long time we didn't do these two procedures at the same time, but many of us now feel more comfortable and feel it can be done safely. It should probably be kept confined to more of the central upper tummy and not too far out to the sides....

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck & Liposuction

+1

Tummy Tuck & liposuction is a commonly performed combination.  You do not need liposuction on lower abdomen as this fat is removed at time of tummy tuck.  It makes no sense to do these separately unless the lax skin is minimal and your surgeon is unsure if a tummy tuck is necessary.  I routinely perform VASER 360 at time of Tummy tuck to achieve the optimum result, with no significant increase in complications although there is a slight increase in seroma.   

London Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty and Liposuction together

+1

There is no reason the two cannot be performd at the same time, however it would be unnecessary to lipo the lower abdomen if you are having a tummy tuck. Both the skin AND the fat of the lower abdomen are removed surgically during that procedure. I have combined the two for 30 years without problems. If the upper liposuction extends to the sides beyond a line dropped straight down from the front of the armpit, then you could have some healing problems as that is where blood flow comes into the upper skin area.

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction can be performed at the same time

+1

Liposuction can be performed at the same time as a tummy tuck.  In our practice we routinely perform these two procedures together.  One does need to be careful with the amount and location of the areas liposuctioned, not to compromise the blood supply to the tummy tuck flap.  However, the upper-middle part of the abdomen and flanks can be liposuctioned while performing a tummy tuck and this procedure does improve the overall contour of the abdomen.  Best wishes. 

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon