What's Better for Lip Enhancement: Restylane or Juvederm?

I'm wondering which of these 2 products is better for lip enhancement. To my understanding, restylane is FDA approved for lip injection, while juvederm isn't.

Lips-restylane vs. juvederm

+2

Both of these products do well in the lips. Which you will like better is a matter of personal preference. I prefer restylane because I like my lips to have a well defined end when I put on my lipstick. I like to be able to feel that my lips are a bit firmer and more "lifted". On the other hand, many prefer juvederm because it is very soft and subtle. I think they both last around the same amount of time and are equally safe. 

Birmingham Dermatologist

Restylane to lips

+1

Currently yes, Restylane is the only FDA approved dermal filler for lips. Meeting with a well-trained and experienced injector is key to determining a successful outcome, whether it be Restylane or another dermal filler. You'll likely get very similar results with Juvederm and it often depends on injector preference.

Sam Naficy, MD

Best Injectable for Lip Enhancement

+1

Both products work well for lip enhancement. I prefer Juvederm for most lips, while I prefer Restylane for other facial sites, depending on volume deficit. You are correct though, Restylane is the only hyaluronic acid presently FDA approved for lip enhancement. Your doctor will choose the best filler for you depending on the structure and size of your lips, the level of volume restoration you are aiming for, and their personal preference/experience. Good luck!

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Which filler for improving lips

+1

I use both restylane and juvederm in the lips with tremendous success and safety. I generally have a slight preference for juvederm as it is a little softer and thus may feel more natural. However, some people prefer the slightly firmer restylane which is great too. Less commonly, I'll inject Perlane into the lips and have very happy patients from this. More importantly, pick a dermatologist or plastic surgeon you can trust to treat your face, not just any doctor or nurse.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and Restylane are excellent fillers for lip augmentation.

+1

Both juvederm and restylane are excellent fillers used for lip enhancement. The expertise and technique of the injector is equally important in order to achieve natural, fuller, soft lips. 

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Both Make Beautiful Lips

+1

Both restylane and juvederm are ideal fillers for lip augmentation. The choice depends on your desired outcome. Restylane is firmer and will give a more pronounced lift and definition of the white roll of the lip. Juvederm is a softer cohesive gel and will provide volume, but not as much definition or firmeness. In the hands of an expert injector both products will give you outstanding results. Be certain to seek an experienced and board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon in your area for treatment. 

Jeffrey Fromowitz, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane or Juvederm for lip augmentation?

+1

Both Restylane and Juvederm are great products.  I like to use each for specific areas of the face. I find that they both work well to fill the lips. Juvederm is a little softer than the Restylane, and may be a better option for some patients.  Restylane is a great filler to improve the following areas:

1) Tear trough
2) Marionette lines
3) Nasolabial folds

Overall, it depends on the preference of the physician and you may find that one may prefer one filler over another for a certain area. Thank you and good luck!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Better for Lip Enhancement

+1

Both products can do a good job. Restylane is the first and only FDA-approved dermal filler for lip enhancement in patients over 21 years. However, the more important consideration is to find an experienced and expert injector. With an expert injector, either product can be effective.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lip Enhancement Injections

+1

"Both Restylane and Juvederm will give you nice results for lip enhancement.  The choice is mostly a matter of personal preference as these two injectables have slightly different properties.  A discussion with your doctor during your consultation will help you make the right choice for you."

Norman M. Rowe, MD

Recommend Juvederm Ultra for lips.

+1

Hi.

Both products are fine.  I use Juvederm Ultra for lips because I don't want the lips to look "done".  Not Juvederm Ultra Plus.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)