Looking for a laser to remove post acne marks! (Photo)

Hi! I am currently dealing with post acne (brown) marks. I tried the v beam but it didn't really make much of a difference. I am looking for a laser that will remove all of the marks and leave me with an even skin tone. Suggestions?

Laser for Post-Acne Scars

+1
If your acne scars are red the V-Beam should have been effective.  How many treatments did you receive since it can take 5 treatments to improve such significant scars.  In addition, hydroquinones can help accelerate the pigmentation of acne scars.  I have had great success with both the Fraxel Laser (1550) and the Ematrix Laser for acne scars.  For patients with darker skin types I prefer the Ematrix for the depth of penetration needed to improve these scars.  Please find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience in cosmetic dermatology for the best results.

Treatment for Red Acne Scars

+1
Hi Britt. Your scars look red in the photo which means the VBeam was probably a good recommendation.  If you want to step up to something a bit more aggressive, you can consider fractional laser resurfacing.  This is more expensive with some downtime and probably overkill for what you need, but it can also help re-texture indentations.  

We prefer the Sciton Profractional laser resurfacing procedure and you can see results at the link below for our acne scar patients.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Removal of post acne marks

+1
I would suggest the MicroLaserPeel, also known as the "weekend" skin peel. As compared with microdermabrasion or light chemical peels, a MicroLaserPeel is a deeper treatment that precisely removes the outermost layers of skin, and treats wrinkles, scars, acne scars, keratoses, and irregular pigmentation. The treatment employs topical anesthesia, and typically is repeated 2 to 4 times, spaced 6 to 8 weeks apart. Healing takes 3 to 4 days and resembles a sunburn with redness beginning to fade by the third day, and can be covered with makeup on the fourth day. Patients experience smoother, healthier, more vibrant skin, with a significant immediate change in skin texture and tightness.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

PIH from acne can be treated with topicals usually.

+1
PIH is treated in most cases with a combination of Retin A and skin lightening agent such as hydroquinone or Lytera from SkinMedica.  This will also help prevent further acne.  I you are looking for laser treatment, consider the Fraxel Dual, which can resurface the skin, helping with acne scars and pigmentation.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon.

Steven F. Weiner, MD