Is It Possible for Juvederm (Ultra Plus XC) to Dissipate Completely After Swelling Goes Down? (photo)

Is it possible for Juvederm (Ultra Plus XC) to dissipate completely after swelling goes down? The PS used the perpendicular method both times, injecting the inner lip, thus making it fuller on the inside of the mouth and the exterior lip went down to how it was before. Spent three syringes and lots of money with almost no result. Should a different method be used to get the lateral lips full (linear etc.)? I've asked around and other PS are surprised the inner part of the lip was injected

Unlikely

+2

It is possible but highly unlikely.  Sometimes, inexperienced injectors will put the medicine in the wrong "plane" - that is, not where it is supposed to be and when the swelling goes down, there is less product in the proper areas than one would expect.  Lips are very special areas to treat and a great deal of skill and expertise are needed to plump the lips and define the lip borders so that everything looks natural and not too exaggerated.  Sometimes as well, even though there is a great deal of swelling, sometimes not a lot of volume was actually injected and more filler is required.  Again, a skilled injector knows the proper balance between enough, not enough, and too much of the product injected.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Inner lip injections

+2

I have been injecting the lips for over 15 years and I do not use this method. I find it odd, quite frankly. Why fill the inside of the mouth? I have no idea why you would have needed 3 syringes of filler - 1 or maybe 2 max is good for a full lip.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Juvederm placement for lip filling

+1

I would agree with the previous answers- the placement of the filler "behind" the lip is unusual. You would likely be happier with filler placement in the "dry" red lip and near the wet/dry line.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 syringes of Juvederm in Lips, no results?

+1

It is unlikely that the Juvederm is gone already. More likely that the technique may have affected the results, so that it is not placed where you can see it best. I have heard of this technique, creating vertical "pillars" in the lip, but I do not use this method.  It appears this is not the best method for you. It's unfortunate but you may want to see a another provider.

Sam Naficy, MD

3 syringes of filler in the lips?

+1

I usually use one or two syringes for most lips to address the lip line and plump up the lip itself.  The product should last 6-12 months.

Making Lips fuller.

+1

Yes I do not inject the inner part of the lip for fullness. I use fat to make the lip fuller as I have done for 35 years. This gives a permanent result and I do not make them to full ( duck lips ).