Is it Possible to Have Injections to Bring the Swelling Down 6 Weeks Post-Op Rhinoplasty?

I'm 6 weeks after rhinoplasty and the swelling of my nose is still very prominent. I'm a model and I can't spend much more time waiting for this to go down. If I ask my doctor for injections to help ease the swelling, will he say yes? Do all doctors do this? Should I ask him in advance to get these for me (I live in a different city). Can I ask any other rhinoplasty surgeon in my current location to give these to me?

Nasal swelling

+1

Yes, there is often a lot of swelling 6 weeks after rhinoplasty. I do not routinely injecte steroids into the nose, because I think the steroids may cause other problems like thinning and telangiectasia production.  It is better to let the swelling decrease naturally.

Care after Rhinoplasty

+1

Unless you have a very thick skinned nasal tip.  I would be very careful about injections of steroids

consider taping at night,, ice   , topical arnica,  even a medrol dospak

otherwise time and patience

Concerns after rhinoplasty

+1

Injections of steroids (cortizone) are sometimes given after rhinoplasty, on the tip of the nose, usually for people with thick skin, as a preventive measure to avoid excessive swelling and roundness. The injections are simple to administer. Most experienced rhinoplasty surgeons are familiar with these injections and use them in some of their patients. Contacting your surgeon is a good starting point.

Montreal Facial Plastic Surgeon