Looking for a Hand Specialist For Aging Hands in the Bay Area?

...in my area (Los Gatos/Mtn View/Palo Alto, San Francisco) who does this procedure on aging hands; is fat transfer preferable to filler for the hands?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Fat Transfer For Rejuvenating Hands

+2

Fat injections can change the entire contour of the hand. I remove some unwanted fat from your stomach or thighs, purify it, and carefully reinject selected fat cells into your hands. After fat injections, your hands appear more full and “fleshy”, as younger hands do. It also corrects the underlying defect, which is lack of subcutaneous tissue.The results are dramatic and immediately appreciable.

The procedure is done under local anesthesia and is very well tolerated. The postoperative period is also painless, but the patient has to wear a splint to immobilize the hand for 1 week.

There is only one drawback to the fat injection surgery: Only one hand should be done at a time to allow you to care for yourself during the recovery period.

I have been very happy with the results of this procedure and recommend it highly if you want your hands to look younger. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in the fat transfer procedure, follow your post-op instructions, and then enjoy your younger-looking hands!

Ricardo L Rodriguez MD
Baltimore, Maryland

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/blog/2006/10/18/how-to-make-your-hands-look-younger/

Hand Rejuvenation

+1

Fat transfer is an excellent long lasting option for hand rejuvenation.  Also consider intense pulse light, chemical peels or light laser peels for further rejuvenation.  All the best.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon