Looking for a Grapefruit Style Implant. Very Round on Top with Nice Cleavage? (photo)

I'm very petite so do not want implants to be too large... I just want that distinct shape. I'm 29 yrs old, almost 5ft, 96 lbs. 34 A or B currently (depending on the bra.) No children. Doc says high profile silicone between 300 and 350. Don't want them looking like "torpedo" shape. I believe my BWD was 11.5. Can't remember exactly. Surgery is next week and I'm worried I may not get the results I want. Please help!

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Implant type

+1

Not sure what a "grapefruit" implant is?  ;> 

But what I'm hearing is that you want upper pole fullness.  Given your narrow chest wall, I would likely recommend Allergan Style 45 Ultra high profile gel implants.

best wishes,

Dr. Basu

Houston, tX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

What size for breast augmentation.

+1

I think an ultra high profile implant would give you a nice full, round shape breast, and I believe that size is more accurately determined after a full examination.  I am sure your Plastic Surgeon has taken this all into consideration

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Looking for a Grapefruit Style Implant. Very Round on Top with Nice Cleavage?

+1

If this is your desire of a "grapefruit style" appearance than you really need better pre operative informed consent. The posted photos demonstrate a pseudo ptosis that may need a donut lift. Thus the "very rounded" look you desire might not be attainable. I recommend more discussions with your chosen surgeon! 

May consider an overfilled saline implant to get a distinct rounded upper pole fullness

+1

If you are looking for that Baywatch type breast with a very distinct upper pole roundness then I would suggest using a saline filled implant.  To get this look it helps to over fill the implant.  Gel implants are underfilled and will not give that distinct upper pole fullness  that you desire.  

Implant size and high profile silicone question

+1

From your pictures you have a nice shape. Your breasts are a bit lower on your chest wall so I doubt after surgery that they will be too high and fake looking. If you want a fuller cup size Such as a D then 350-375cc in a high profile should do the trick. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Seeking the grapefruit shape implant

+1

If round is what you after a high profile implant, or the newer ultra high profile implant certainly is rather round like a grapefruit. Both you and your surgeon should know exactly what the look is to be or chances are good you may not get the result you want. What you need is more time to sort out the right look for you.

Silicone Breast Augmentation

+1

I think that a high profile implant of the size you are looking at will look wonderful on you.  It is SO normal to get nervous right before surgery and second guess yourself about the decision you are making!  The high profile implant has a smaller base width (or circle at the base, if it were sitting on a table) than lower profile implants.  Therefore, more of the fluid for any given size - is directed outward (frontward) which is what will look great on someone petite like you.  I think you will do great!  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Best Options for Round Breast Look.

+1

There are many different options now available to the patient seeking to enlarge their breasts and several of these options include the more "fake" or round implants.  If you are interested in saline, you may ask your surgeon to overfill the implants to achieve that round look.  For silicone gel, there are actually high profile and even extra high profile implants that are very round.  Be sure to specifically ask if the surgeons you are interviewing provide these options, as the extra high profile is only available through one FDA approved breast implant manufactuting company. 

Suzanne M. Quardt, MD
Palm Springs Plastic Surgeon

Achieving Grape fruit look with Breast Augmentation?

+1

Difficult to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals. However, generally speaking, the use of higher profile breast implants (silicone or saline) and/or overfilled saline breast implants tend to provide for the “rounder” look for patients who may be looking to achieve the  “grapefruit” look.  Of course, there will be pros/cons to each option available.

Select your plastic surgeon carefully and communicate your goals carefully as well.  In my practice the use of goal pictures are very helpful in this process.