Should I Go for a Full or Mini Tummy Tuck or Only Lipo with Fat Transfer to Buttocks? (photo)

32 yr old female 2 kids. Would love to get my figure back get my ass back!!! I'm a little afraid of getting a full tummy tuck . Will I get good or same results if I wanted just lipo? Should I go for a mini tummy tuck with lipo and fat transfer to the buttocks? Or should I go for the full tummy tuck? I weigh 140 and my height is 5'2. Had one c section in 2006.

Tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck or lipo

+3

Judging from the pictures you submitted, you have a fair amount of extra skin throughout the abdominal area.  A full tummy tuck will get rid of all of this and remove a lot of the unwanted fat and tighten up the six pack abdominal muscles.  A mini tummy tuck is not a good choice because it will leave you with extra skin on the sides.  Liposuction will likely leave you with a lot of extra skin.  Good luck.

Should I Go for a Full or Mini Tummy Tuck or Only Lipo with Fat Transfer to Buttocks?

+3

If you were to have lipo to your abdomen, I suspect the appearance would not be improved. The excess skin will lose its support and will look loose and uneven. A mini-TT would result in an imbalance of the upper and lower abdomen--it only correct the tissue below the navel. 

To get enough fat to transfer and enlarge your buttocks, the fat from the tissue to be removed can be used, but more will be needed--flanks and hips. 

Thanks for your question, and for the photos posted. All the best. 

What contouring procedures are best

+2

vary according to your desires, budget, recovery time and ability to maintain your weight.  Just from your photos, if you were my patient, I would be suggesting liposuction of your hips and flanks with fat grafting to your buttock as well as lipoabdominoplasty or an extended mini-tuck for your belly.  So you should be discussing your concerns with your chosen surgeon and understand what scars will result from your choices.  And you should also know what your doctors revision policy is as it is very common to have revisions after body contouring.

Curtis Wong, MD

TT or BBL

+2

I do not think a mini tummy tuck is a good option you need a full tummy tuck. If you dont want the scars from the TT then the lipo and fat transfer for the BBL is a good alternative

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck is the Answer

+2

I think that your best results are going to come with a full abdominoplasty.  Since you have had children and your abdominal wall has been stretched an abdominoplasty would correct this.  You still can have some lipo that would help improve your waist and appearance of your buttocks.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Lipo vs. tummy tuck decision requires expert advice

+2

If lipo could do what a tummy tuck does then no one would get a tummy tuck, but the simple truth is that loose skin after pregnancy does not tighten and tone with exercise. Similarly, the option of a mini vs. a full tummy tuck would need to be decided based on a personal examination. My guess is that the full TT would give you the best result, and the option of fat transfer would not be affected by whether it is a mini of full.

Richard Baxter, MD

Full tummy tuck and Brazilian buttock lift

+2

Thank you for the question and photos.  The right procedure or set of procedures will depend on what you would like to accomplish and what you are willing to spend.  Based on the photos alone I would recommend a full tummy tuck and buttocks fat grafting.  I think the combination of the two procedures will provide an excellent result.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Tummy tuck options

+2

Full tummy tuck with lipo and fat transfer.  I think the other options will fail to address the excess skin AND excess subcutaneous tissue AND muscle laxity that need to be corrected to get you back to your pre pregnancy figure

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and fat transfer to buttocks may work for you

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. If you are frightened about an abdominoplasty scar then consider having liposuction with fat transfer to your buttocks.

At 6 months postop you can consider a tummy tuck if needed. However after liposuction you may only need a mini tummy tuck.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+1

You are NOT a good candidate for liposuction alone. Yes a full TT with muscle repair is the correct choice in your case.