Looking for Experienced Doctors That Does Juvederm or Restylane Under the Eyes in North Carolina? (photo)

I am looking for a doctor that is experience with fillers around the eyes. I know this is a very delicate area, and I will not go to anyone who doesn't have much experience doing injections so close to the eyes. I am young and do not want to be "overfilled" or have something go wrong with my eye site. I currently live in Fayetteville and am willing to travel to the very best! Thanks everyone!!

Use Restylane under the eyes

+2

Personally I don't know anyone in that area, but you can look at the RealSelf page and find doctors close to you. Then call and set up consultations, review their websites, etc. I will say this: I personally don't like Juvederm under the eyes and feel that Restylane is a much better product there, regardless of age!

A Tarheel for Tear Troughs

+1

Two excellent physicians for this procedure ( among many others) would be Timothy Flynn in Cary, North Carolina at the Cary Skin Center, 919-363-7546 and Sue Ellen Cox in Chapel Hill at Aesthetic Solutions, 919-403-6200. I have personally seen them both perform this procedure and they are both highly skilled. Both are members of the Dermatology Department at the University of North Carolina. By the way, if you see, Dr. Cox, the Nantucket Grille is across the parking lot from her office and serves a great lunch.

I am not sure if you have had this procedure done yet, but if not, I hope you can use my recommendation. 

Good luck.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Fat Grafting Under eyes

+1
A number of 'soft tissue fillers' are available for temporarily improving facial areas that have lost volume, are naturally thin or hollow, or have developed noticeable and bothersome lines and creases. The most popular fillers currently are hyaluronic acid products like Juvederm® and Restylane® which can be used to, among other things, plump up thin lips and to fill out nasolabial folds (lines that run from beside the nostrils to the area beside the corners of the mouth) and marionette lines (lines that run from the corners of the mouth towards the jawline). In this practice we have performed thousands of injections with these safe and reliable hyaluronic acid fillers. They are well-tolerated by almost all patients and they produce very few post-injection problems. The improvement generally lasts from four to eight months, the average being about five to six months. Of the available hyaluronic acid soft tissue fillers, I have been most pleased with the performance of Juvederm®.
Other injectable fillers are currently available which attempt to produce a longer-lasting soft tissue augmentation by incorporating substances that are more slowly metabolized or that cannot be metabolized by the body. These are sometimes referred to as 'semi-permanent' fillers. Some incorporate non-degradable biologic materials (e.g. Radiesse®, which contains calcium hydroxyapatite, the mineral component of bone) or non-biologic (synthetic) materials (e.g. ArteFill®, which contains polymethyl methacrylate, also known as Lucite) that are designed to persist in the body permanently. Another is Sculptra®, which consists of a synthetic polymer called poly-L-lactic acid, which is also used as an absorbable suture material.
Unfortunately, the body treats these materials as foreign objects, and as a result the placement of non-degradable and synthetic materials may lead to inflammation, infection, migration and granuloma (an inflammatory cyst) formation - none of which are problems that you want to experience near the skin surface in your face. In general, the 'semi-permanent' injectables containing these materials are less likely to produce a result that looks and feels natural, and because of the potential complications I feel that they should never ever be injected anywhere close to the skin surface. We do not use any of these injectables in my practice.
If you are looking for a longer-lasting result than you are getting with Juvederm® or Restylane®, we have a much better solution for you: your own fat, currently residing somewhere that you don't need it. The improvement is designed to be permanent, and your body will not treat it as a foreign object. Your immune system won't attack it. The cost is about the same as several syringes of a 'semi-permanent' filler. And the quality of your facial skin may, in fact, actually improve in the areas where fat is grafted.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm under the eyes, be careful with your selection of doctor!

+1

Look at before and after pictures before you select a doctor.  I strongly recommend making sure your doctor is trained in plastic surgery.  There are many untrained doctors performing injectqble procedures.

Rian A. Maercks, MD