What Could I Have Done for Droopy Uneven Breasts?

Hi, I am 47 my breastbb size is 36 DD. They are starting to head south. I just realized they are uneven in size seeing this picture. What could I have done that would be best for this situation?

Treatment for uneven " droopy" breasts?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

You would benefit from  breast lifting ( mastopexy)  and/or breast reduction surgery. Much of what is done surgically will depend on what your goals are. For example, some patients wish to have "superior pole fullness" ( more volume higher on the chest wall);  this may necessitate the use of breast implants.

There are a variety of different options available again depending on your specific goals.

It would behoove you to meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to communicate your goals and discuss options.

Droopy breasts

+1

Droopy breast can be surgically lifted and if you want more volume then you can have implants placed inside as well.

Options for asymmetrical and 'droopy' breasts

+1

Dear Cindy,

You will require a small reduction on your right breast and lift on both. There is a new technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift in which there is no vertical scar and no implants are required to achieve upper pole fullness. An added benefit is breast weight transfer which maintains the 'perky' appearance unlike conventional lifts that rely on the skin envelope to keep the breasts high. You are an excellent candidate for this revolutionary new procedure. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lifts for droopy breasts

+1

Breast lifts are quite common in the United States with close to 90,000 performed in 2010 according to stats from the ASPS. Breast lifts improve the appearance of the breasts by removing excess areolar tissue, as well as skin excess from around the areola and from the inferior portion of the breast. The areolae typically look smaller and the nipples sit higher after the procedure. Patients need to be content with their current size, in that they may end up being a bit smaller after surgery.  Breast lifts are also helpful in correcting asymmetry when one breast is lower or smaller than another.  To determine if a breast lift is a good idea, patients should meet with a local board certified plastic surgeon experienced with cosmetic breast surgery.

Kelly Gallego, MD, FACS
Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

Sagging asymmetric breasts

+1
The early sagging is not as aesthetically unpleasing as the asymmetry between the breasts, with the right being significantly larger than the left and at a different nipple height. You could have a small reduction on the right with a lift on the left and align the nipple heights for a more pleasing appearance. Your posting doesn't indicate any dissatisfaction with your current bra size. If you wanted to be smaller or larger, then alternatives could be proposed.

Robert L. Kraft, MD