I want a doctor in NYC that could perform a fat grafting procedure to correct hollow eyes/dark circles.

I have had dark circles since I was 12. They are hereditary. I am of Mediterranean decent. After doing hours of research I came to the conclusion that fat grafting is the best choice for me. I want long lasting results(if the fat takes) not temporary fillers. I would really like a doctor that has performed a procedure like this before. Please do not refer me to Dr.Coleman as I feel his prices are WAY to high for a procedure like this(10,000-15,000).
Here is a link to help you find a doctor in your area

Treatment of hereditary dark circles under the eyes

+2
Hereditary dark circles is usually a problem with pigmentation -- and perhaps the best treatment for hyperpigmentation is a peel -- not surgery.

Fat grafting can be used to fill in hollows -- but only below the rim of the eyeball socket.  If you have fat bags as well with shadows under the fat bags, then sometimes a lower eyelid tuck can gently move the fat from the bag into a lower position to fill in the hollow beneath the bag.  By minimizing the fat bag and filling in the area beneath it, the eyelid is made smoother, the lid/cheek junction is eliminated and the shadow effects are minimized.

I frequently perform midface lifts, which will lift the entire cheek adjacent to the side of the nose.  This procedure can correct hollowness beneath the eyes by moving the thicker cheek skin directly upwards.  And since everything is moving north, the lower end of the pigmented skin is raised as well.  However, this procedure alone will not remove all the pigmentation.

As you can see, fat grafting is only one method of improving the lower eyelids.  Each has its pros and cons.  For example, fat grafts are not guaranteed to "take" and may require additional grafting.  Sometimes it can be a bit lumpy as well.

It would be to your advantage to consult with several physicians in order to get a good idea of what would work for you.  Be sure to ask for the pros and cons of any recommended techniques. 

You can read more about the midface lift on my website,  plasticsurgeonnewyork.com/mid_facelift.php

Good luck!

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS
New York City

A midface lift might be helpful

+1
A midface lift can make a marked improvement in hollow lower eyelids and even improve dark circles. I would be happy to take a look at your eyes in NYC and show you pictures of results of patients with problems  similar to yours.

Jeffrey Schiller, MD
Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon