Looking for Doc to Help with Receding Jawline. Who Am I Looking For? (photo)

By 25 years of age, I had severe nasal labial folds and poor jawline.By the time I was in my late twenties, lower facial droop.I am now 34 years old. I have gotten braces for my TMD, which has helped somewhat with pain. However, I still think there is something wrong with my jaw.My chin appears to be disappearing into my neck.It's an issue of chronic pain as much as it is an issue with appearance. I live in the DC/Maryland area. What kind of surgery/surgeon I am looking for?

Looking for Doc to Help with Receding Jawline. Who Am I Looking For?

+1

I agree with Dr. Kabaker that a Facial Plastic Surgeon would be highly able deal with your cosmetic concerns. A chin implant (small) and potentially some liposuction under your jaw would be beneficial. It is always hard to assess the neck from a single static image especially when your neck is turned to the side. Thus, a consultation with a Facial Plastic Surgeon should be very helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facial-implants/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jaw , chin and neck problems

+1

An oral and maxillofacial surgeon should be able to give an opinion on the pain and occlusion problems. The appearance situation might also be handled by that specialist or a plastic or facial plastic surgeon. Based on the picture, a chin implant might be considered.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon