Ok to Ask for a Discount if We Both Book?

Hi Doctors! My sister and I are both planning to have breast augmentations this fall. My question is: Will most cosmetic surgeons agree to some sort of a discount if we both offer to book with the same doctor?? We think this is reasonable but don't want to offend the person that will be doing surgery on us. Thanks in advance!

Multiple booking discount

+1

Charges for surgery are left up to the individual physician.  Most surgeons will consider a request for a discount on their fee for multiple bookings.  Be prepared to make a down payment to seal the ageed upon discount.  Be sure not to shop for your surgery on price concerns alone.  You will likely find a better dress at Nordstrom than JC Penny and you would expect to pay more.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Breast Augmentation Surgery Discount

+1

Most surgeons would not be offended if you ask for a discount. Each office has it's own policies. Don't pick your surgeon by the best price, be sure you choose a board certified plastic surgeon with a good reputation. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Discount cosmetic surgery

+1

I think most surgeons would agree to the discount and would not be offended by it.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Discounts for breast augmentation? Doesn't hurt to ask.

+1

These days if you feel you might be able to receive a discount it certainly doesn't hurt to ask. The office may have given you their 'best price' but if you will accept an unpopular time, or double book with a sister or close friend they just might figure out savings for you. Cost is not the most important factor when selecting a surgeon, but asking about price should be OK.

Are discounts in Plastic Surgery OK?

+1
I think it's always OK to ask such a question.  Each surgeon has a different protocol for combined surgeries or multiple bookings.  In our clinic if two people decide to book together, they both qualify for a better rate (but they must book at the same time, the surgery may take place at different times... )
If you are sisters and are hoping to get the surgery done at the same time, make sure you have someone with you for the time after surgery as both of you may feel tired, dizzy, nauseated and can't be looking after each other.  Alternatively have the surgery a week apart to allow one person to recover and look after the other
Finally, what's more important than getting a discount is finding a surgeon that you can trust, who's work you like and who fully understands you and explained to you clearly what he / she will do because even the world's greatest breast augmentation... if it's not what you envisioned, will not make you happy.
Look for a board certified Plastic Surgeon who is able to show you his work (to get an idea of what his/her artistic eye creates), and who's staff and facility you feel comfortable in.
Sincerely,
Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC
Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Discount for multiple patients

+1

Thank you for your question. It is reasonable to ask for some discount but do not let this be the determining factor as to who you choose as your surgeon. Pick the surgeon that you feel is best for you and your sister, then ask if he/she will give you some kind of deal. I am afraid that if you go to the person who gives you the best discount, you may not be pleased with your result.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Asking about a discount is okay

+1

It doesn't hurt to ask for a discount but remember you are not at a flea market.  Choose your surgeon with care and confidence and try not to make cost your primary determination.  Your plastic surgeon has incurred a lot of debt to get the required education and no one along the way gave him or her a discount.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Discount for sisters

+1

It's certainly OK to ask and I wouldn't be offended if someone asked me. However, you shouldn't be offended if your doctor says no. Different offices have different policies and it's more important to chose your surgeon based on his or her expertise and training than on office policies. Good luck to you and your sister.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Discount for more than one patient

+1

I agree with the other surgeons - it never hurts to ask.  In my practice, if a patient has more than one procedure, we do a 10% discount because we can do simultaneous after care and so pass on that efficiency as a price reduction.  We do not do discount for 2 patients though.  Each patient is different and deserves full service. Also shop for quality first and then price.  Good luck!

Brent A. Buchele, MD, MBA
Kalispell Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. It doesn't hurt to ask.

+1

Thank you for your question.  It doesn't hurt to ask.  In order to accommodate your request, I think most surgeons will require that you both pay in advance and schedule the same day. This avoids one of you canceling at a later time.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS