Which is Best for Cheek Enhancement? Perlane L. Or Ultra Plus What About Just Perlane Alone Like Had in Mouth Lines?

What is the best product for cheek enhancement?

+1

I recommend Voluma. This product is a hyaluronic acid which has reverse capabilities if indicated. Voluma will be available in the United States in December 2013. This product is the first FDA approved filler for the midface/cheek area. Studies have shown the expectancy of the product to be up to two years. The specific manufacturing involved with the product, cohesitivity and lift power, makes this a wonderful option for the midface. The outcome is technique driven, therefore I recommend you seek treatment by an experienced injector.

Best Filler for Cheek Enhancement

+1

Both Perlane and Juvederm UltraPlus are good options for cheek enhancement, however, you may want to consider the newly FDA-approved Voluma from the makers of Juvederm. Voluma is approved specifically for volume loss in the cheeks and provides long-lasting, natural results of 2 years or more unlike other HA fillers which typically last up to 1 year.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Best fillers for cheek enhancement

+1

Enhancing cheeks is frequently necessary due to volume loss from the aging process. To correct this I will almost always use stimulatory fillers such as Radiesse or Sculptra. They are injected deeper, beneath the skin, and will generate more volume to create a much better lifting effect. They work by stimulating your skin to produce more collagen, which is why they are so effective for problems due to volume loss, and give longer-lasting results too. In my opinion, Radiesse and Sculptra are better, longer lasting fillers for cheek enhancement and volume replacement than hyaluronic acid-containing fillers such as Perlane or Juvederm.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

What filler should be used for cheek enhancement

+1

Many fillers can be used for cheek enhancement. I prefer softer HA fillers like Perlane or Restylane usually, but it depends on your facial shape, structure, and specific volume loss. Sometimes it's ideal to put a filler like Radiesse underneath and a softer HA filler over it. Seek an in-person consultation with a board-certified injector in your area who can assess your specific needs and guide you to the best options for you.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD