Should I Go for a Breast Lift or Implants? (photo)

My breasts use to be DD's. They are barely a D now and i want them to look fuller and perky. Will a lift fix this? Or will implants fill them out?

Lift with Fat Graft, or Lift with Implants?

+1

A lift alone will not increase your size. If you raise your arms over your head, simulating a lift, you may actually feel that the lifted breast looks smaller. Implants will be needed as well as a lift. All the best. 

Fuller And Perkier = Lift Plus Implants

+1
Your breasts demonstrate the four basic problems found in a droopy (ptotic) breast:
    1.  The areola are too large
    2.  The areola are too low
    3.  The breasts are hanging on the chest wall
    4.  There is no fullness in the upper quadrant
A lift will correct the first three above, but to get fullness in the upper quadrant, you need an implant. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift or implants

+1

Thank you for your question. Both are good options but also both have drawbacks. With implants only you will need a big implant and they will be low on your chest. With lift only, the breast will be smaller and you will not have upper pole fullness. A third option is breast lift and augmentation. Ultimately, you have to decide what you want and address it with your plastic surgeon during your consultation. Look at before and after photos for all three options and that will you in making a decision. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Lift or implants

+1

Hi, based on the photos and like others said, you have plenty of tissue left so a lift alone could be adequate unless you want to go back to DD size, in which case an implant can be added.

i recommend you get examined and measured by a qualified plastic surgeon and review some before and after pics of both lifts and lift/augs.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Lift +/- implants

+1

You have a nice volume of breast tissue, you probably can have jsut a lift. If you want more volume than an implant would need to be added.

Breast Lift

+1

It seems based on the photos alone that a lift with a small implant will achieve your desired results:  "fuller and perky".  A lift alone will make them perky but you will most likely end up being in the C cup range.  If you wish them to be back to a DD cup then the implant will add volume, especially to the upper portion of the breast.

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Avoid implants if you can!

+1

I would definitely suggest a breast lift (mastopexy) and avoid the implants - you have good-sized breasts which, in my opinion, do not need to be enlarged. Furthermore, avoiding an implant will mean that you are not committing to the need for possible revision surgery in the future (which is effectively something you have to accept if you have breast implants). 

Finally if you have a lift and are disappointed that your breasts are too small, you can always have implants put in at a later date.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Marc Pacifico, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Should I Go for a Breast Lift or Implants?

+1

Be sure to schedule your consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, you may want to consider a verticle lift with a small implant to restore volume to the upper pole of your breast.  You can do research on the internet to view before and after photos.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

If you do a LIFT only your cup size will be slightly smaller

+1

The problem is that your breast tissue has migrated off of your upper chest and this may be where you might wish to restore the look you used to have.  A full lift will get the breast tissue back to where it might have been a few years ago but this will also reduce your cup size as this requires a fair amount of skin removal (and scars.)

Implants alone will give you more projection and a little more fullness at the upper portion of the breast.  If you choose a large implant the weight might also pull the breasts a little lower as it drops.

The best solution is to make a compromise between less scars and a small implant.  I would use the lollipop lift which means a scar around the nipple and then verticaal extension down towards the crease (fold.)  This is also known as a vertical lift.  You will end up being perkier and fuller and the scars will fade.

I might also add that a lot of women seeing this question on this site would love to have what you look like right now.

Phillip C. Haeck, MD

Implants And/Or Lift?

+1

Dear m3053 in VB, I'm not sure I agree with the other surgeons. I would need to spend a good deal of time with you and be certain of your expectations before I agree with an implant with a lift as your best option. I think you should review B and A photos of each option and then determine which situation best fits your needs. You may well be happy with an implant alone if the limitations were explained to you carefully. While a mastopexy is a great operation for those who need one, the incisions should not be taken lightly. Perhaps a few other consultations with other BCPS are in order. Good luck.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon