My PIP Implants are Sagging 7 Years Post Op, What Can Be Done To Make Them Perkier After Removal?

I've had my implants in for almost 7 years. I am 26 and never had children yet they have sagged alot and have dropped at least a few inches down my chest. I have gained maybe 5/10 pounds but surely that wouldn't make such a difference? Is this normal? Can I do anything about it without having an uplift? They are PIP implants so am having them out anyway, im just wondering if they are replaced will they still be so saggy and is there any chance of them perking up if they are removed? Thanks

Breast Appearance after Breast Implant Removal?

+1

Based on the description that you provide: " breasts have sagged a lot”,  it is possible the breast lifting will be necessary after removal of the breast implants. However, precise advice cannot be given without direct examination.

Generally speaking what breasts look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Consulting with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in person will be helpful.

Sagging with PIP implants

+1

If your breasts are sagging alot and you want to exchange your PIP implants, you will probably need a lift with the new implants.  An exam would be definitive.

PIP IMPLANTS

+1

Pip Implants need to be removed.

The final results will depend on the breast itself. If the breast have drooped and is saggy breast because of breast feeding and loss of skin elasticity, then you will need a breast lift even if you replace the implants. Implants are not a substitute for a lift.

Will I need Other Breast Implants after Removal of my PIP Breast Implants from my Sagging Breasts

+1

Your breasts are sagging because your (PIP) breast implants were either too large, were placed over the chest wall muscle, you did not wear appropriate bras  or a combination of any or all of the above. Since our skin is nothing like rubber the mere removal of your old implants would certainly NOT result in an upward spring of your sagging breasts. Breast sagging is associated with elongation and breakage of the suspensory (Cooper's) breast ligaments which anchor the breast to the chest wall and with gradual expansion creating excess breast skin. Removing breast implants out of sagging breasts will often result in a sagging emptied "rock in a Sock" breast appearance.

In your case, I would suggest a breast implant exchange, with a well chosen breast implant and a Breast Lift to give you attractive perky breasts.

Good Luck.

Memphis, TN