For Blepharoplasty Go to Oculofacial Plastic Surgeon or Facial Plastic Surgeon?

I had lower Blepharoplasty April 2011. Right after the surgery there were no bags. But 2 months later the bags started to appear. Now I am contemplating to have a revision Blepharoplasty. Is better to have it done at an Eye Institute....examples Bascom Palmer in Florida and Casey eye institute in Oregon where there are certified Oculofacial Plastic Surgeons?

Blepharoplasty revision

+1

It is too early for you to have revision surgery. It is unclear why your bags would start to come back 2 months after surgery. There could be something else going on like allergies for which claritin is a better choice than surgery. You need to be evaluated by a competent physician face to face and the details of your surgery need to be taken into account before you do anything.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Revision blepharoplasty

+1

At two months, you are too early to go for a revision.  There may still be a lot of swelling that will mask some of the concerns.

Revision eyelid surgery

+1

Dear Abdala,

-You should go to someone who does revision eyelid surgery

-This is usually an oculoplastic surgeon, but there are facial plastic surgeons and plastic surgeon who do a lot of REVISION eye surgery

-Google Christopher Zoumalan, he is an oculoplastic surgeon in Beverly Hills and does great work.  You should get more than one consultation and go with the person you like the best.

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD