For a Biofilm Infection on a Breast Expander; is It Safe to Remove and Replace in 1 Surgery?

I am 8 months post-mastectomy, with expanders in, and my dr thinks I have a biofilm infection on one side. I have been on zyvox 3 weeks. Do I need to remove expander and wait several weeks before putting in a new expander, or is it safe to do an expander exchange in a single surgery? Also, should I do a lat flap procedure in this same surgery to get vascular tissue to fight any recurrent biofilm? If I wait between removal and new expander, is a lat flap less likely to be needed?