I Am 5 Foot 4, Chest Diameter of 85cm Size A Cup. Could I Go for a 600cc?

I have had 3 pregnancies, a bit of sagging I would say. Prior to pregnancy I was about a c cup but I would like to be a full D or DD

What size cup will I be

+2

I think one of the things that makes patients become confused is actually the posting on websites of before and after pictures with the size implants used. There are many variations from one patient to another, including original breast volume, laxity of the tissue, angle of the ribcage, shape of implant used, and others. Although one can guestimate at what the appearance will be cup size a breast augmentation, it is almost impossible. That is also because the maker  of bras will use different dimensions and label their bras in different ways. I will also say that using a large implant might give the illusion of a lift, but it actually is not a lift, it will fill the skin envelope and put more roundedness above the areola, but it will not truly lift the position of the breast tissue and implant up higher on the ribcage. 

Breast implant sizing/type?

+2

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size or model (profile) of implant used and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 
Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.

2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.

3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.

4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

600 cc implants

+2

Just guessing based on the stats you provide, with an 85 cm/33 inch chest, I think 600 cc is awfully large. Anything larger than 400 cc in a patient of your size is just too large. You will likely go up 2 or more cup sizes with 400 cc, and you will look somewhat unnatural. 400 cc is already large and uncomfortable. If you need a lift then the size of the implant which can be placed is limited, and 400 cc might be too large for your tissues to handle. Good luck!

Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

Size of breast implant

+2

I am afraid it is not possible to comment on what is the correct operation for you (implants only, or implant and an uplift); let alone size of the implant - without examining you or, at least, some photographs.

From your description, you may be a candidate for an uplift and a smaller implant. Please post some photos if you want some meaningful suggestions.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Can I have 600cc implants?

+2

Dear Jods,

Your question is hard to answer in this format with the amount of information you provided and without photos. It's impossible to tell if you will need a breast lift along with implants, which I take into account when discussing size.   Following 3 pregnancies and your description of "sagging", it is likely that you may benefit from a lift.    A lot depends on how much breast tissue and fat you have now as well as the quality of your skin and nipple position.   My advice would be to not get hung up on the volume of the implants, but visit with plastic surgeons who can examine you and talk to you about your expectations and options.  Bringing in pictures of what you would like to see is very helpful in my opinion.  Good luck!

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Breast implants will not lift saggy breasts

+1

Dear Jods,

There is a huge misconception that implants lift breasts. They don't. Without looking at pictures, it is virtually impossible to give you the best advise. Please consider re-submitting question with photos. Sounds like what you need is a breast lift more than anything. Best wishes, Dr. H

Web reference: http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663319/how-one-surgeon-is-reinventing-the-female-breast-sfw

Texas Plastic Surgeon